01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hikvision video doorbell won't register with the NVR either, I keep getting a message that the 'Certificate Verification Failed'
I have 3 EZ-Viz wireless cameras connected to the NVR... 2 of them are fine but the DB1C doorbell is not connecting... status shows "Certificate verification failed".

Under "Edit Device" on the NVR for the DB1C, I see there is a "Verify Certificate" button that is not checked?... tried checked/unchecked does not help... don't know if this was there in the V4.0 GUI.

The "Certificate verification failed" status occurred for both a Hikvision DS-HD2 and an EZ-Viz DB1C doorbell.

IMG_3782.jpeg

Even though I had "Verify Certificate" unchecked...

IMG_3781.jpeg

I have added the doorbells (hopefully temporarily) using the HIKVISION_RTSP protocol...

IMG_3780.jpeg

I did actually get a proper response once;
I just got a response for both tickets
Devices are region specific and need more information like S/N. Seems that this(s/n) is also region specific
But..... they also have the same models and firmware. ColorVu are the same, NXI-K are the same
I wont respond. I ignore them(Hikvision).
Simple questions need simple answers. A waste of time......

Sorry for posting in this topic

The "Certificate verification failed" status occurred for both a Hikvision DS-HD2 and an EZ-Viz DB1C doorbell.
I always had this problem when added DS-KV6113WPE1 and Ezviz CS-H3R100.
But then suddenly they were both recognized with Hikvision protocol.
I cannot remember how. Possibly when added all together

I always had this problem when added DS-KV6113WPE1 and Ezviz CS-H3R100.
But then suddenly they were both recognized with Hikvision protocol.

In my case the doorbells worked with the Hikvision protocol until the NVR was upgraded to V5.01.060_240110, so I suspect it with take another NVR firmware update to fix this. It doesn't seem to make sense getting "Certificate Verification failed" if "Verify certificate" is unchecked when adding the doorbell.

Yes there is possibly a plug and play compatibility issue. Either a new firmware for the device or a new firmware for the NVR.

Could you also try the iVMS or browser remote configuration, camera management, select doorbell, edit, re-enter user name and password and protocol and save there too. Sometimes this helps. Then reboot

This is a minor little bug in V5.01.060_240110... sometimes when you go to the "System Maintenance / Running Info / Record" page, the bitrate values reported are clearly some accumulated figure...

IMG_3783.jpeg

A few seconds later when the page updates the bitrate values are correct...

IMG_3785.jpeg

I'm not a NVR UI user.... everything I do is via the Web UI, specifically Chome WEB UI. Maybe I'm missing out. Lol.

re: that NVR UI.... the "System Maintenance / Running Info / Record" page doesn't exist in my WEB UI.

An intended feature ? or defect ?

The closest thing to the NVR UI page I have, looks like this in the WEB UI -->

SystemInfo.PNG

re: that NVR UI.... the "System Maintenance / Running Info / Record" page doesn't exist in my WEB UI.

An intended feature ? or defect ?

Definitely not a defect... not changed from the 4.0 series firmware to the 5.0 series firmware... there were always some features that were only available on the NVR directly... also, some settings such as enabling virtual host are only available in the web GUI.

Plug a mouse and monitor (or TV) into the NVR and check it out!

Definitely not a defect... not changed from the 4.0 series firmware to the 5.0 series firmware... there were always some features that were only available on the NVR directly... also, some settings such as enabling virtual host are only available in the web GUI.

Plug a mouse and monitor (or TV) into the NVR and check it out!
Thanks for that heads up. I'll have to look into how I might, best, get access to the NVR GUI. It'll take some creative cabling to reach my TV. Or just get a 2nd monitor. Both doable. I'll work the problem. Cheers!

Could you also try the iVMS or browser remote configuration, camera management, select doorbell, edit, re-enter user name and password and protocol and save there too. Sometimes this helps. Then reboot
Hi,
I have tried deleting, editing and rebooting many times in the last week but I still get the same error message.

Hi,
I have tried deleting, editing and rebooting many times in the last week but I still get the same error message.
Is there an Indoor Station connected with your Doorbell for example DS-KH8301 ?

Try adding the doorbell after disconnecting and removing from any other device, iVMS, browser, Hikconnect and of course NVR
Log-out Hikconnect, reboot the doorbell, reboot PC or other with iVMS, power off Indoor Station, re-boot NVR
Then retry to connect to NVR
My KV6113 does not accept more that one user for Live View or Configuration. Only through NVR

Last edited:
Is there an Indoor Station connected with your Doorbell for example DS-KH8301 ?

Try adding the doorbell after disconnecting and removing from any other device, iVMS, browser, Hikconnect and of course NVR
Log-out Hikconnect, reboot the doorbell, reboot PC or other with iVMS, power off Indoor Station, re-boot NVR
Then retry to connect to NVR
My KV6113 does not accept more that one user for Live View or Configuration. Only through NVR
Hi,

I have tried all you suggested but the NVR still comes back to the same message 'Certificate Verification Failed'

Just a quick FYI / warning to all thinking about rolling back firmware - our advice is to sit tight for another week or so:
So, halfway through testing, our demo M-Series was blacklisted - presumably because I was installing older firmware and defaulting the unit.

It's far from ideal, but I've been told that only Hikvision's HQ can take it off the blacklist, and that I need to wait for them to reopen after Chinese New Year for this on the 19th February.

Sorry, I've had a moan to UK Support, but it looks like I'm stuck until then...

With regards to rolling back firmware and hard-resetting your NVRs, I'd proceed with caution for the next couple of weeks, in case the same thing happens to you - support from Hikvision is going to be very limited while their HQ is closed.

Just a quick FYI / warning to all thinking about rolling back firmware - our advice is to sit tight for another week or so:
wow that seems excessive!

What actually happened to the NVR then? won't work at all?

Yes, you just can't enable Hik-Connect on the NVR :(
I.e. on the Platform Access menu, the status just remains as "offline" no matter what you try for the server address, encryption key or DNS.

updated to this firmware.
One of my ONVIF CAMS went offline due too non static ip, disappeared from device list after restart of NVR, Unable to add it back as it states 'No more channels allowed' also no option to edit IP on existing device lists as options remain greyed out despite entering passwords - screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21.34.49.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21.34.49.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back