01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JB1970 Thank you once again for the time & trouble and all the words!

We can only apologise for the issues arising from this V5 firmware update.

@Dan has written to Hikvision UK Tech Support (yesterday) to nudge for a response to his earlier report of those issues that were quickly discovered and reported over a week ago.

He has also directed them to this thread, so that they can keep abreast of further issues as they are discovered (and also to make them aware of the discontent caused).

We await a response / update / fix.

I do have exactly the same issues as you mention above on the NXI-K series.
So we can expect a common solution for NXIs M I and K
Hope so. I am waiting for 1 year without solution and there is also no support in my country to complain. Just sellers and comments under product when you buy.
Thank you all for your support in use-ip.co.uk

@JB1970 Thank you once again for the time & trouble and all the words!

We can only apologise for the issues arising from this V5 firmware update.

@Dan has written to Hikvision UK Tech Support (yesterday) to nudge for a response to his earlier report of those issues that were quickly discovered and reported over a week ago.

He has also directed them to this thread, so that they can keep abreast of further issues as they are discovered (and also to make them aware of the discontent caused).

We await a response / update / fix.
It's just a rant on my part @Phil. Some of the alterations do feel like a step backward in terms of usability but Hikvision devs will do as they see fit and they obviously do so without little if any input/feedback from end users and installers. It's some of the bugs that bother me. If I were to install an M series with that firmware on, I'd be lucky to get paid once the customer had Hik-Connect playback demonstrated to them. That particular issue is so bad that the firmware should've been pulled.

In the Live View screen on the NVR... if you select "Display VCA Info" from the pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen only the first 4 windows (I have 3 x 3 on my default view) will show VCA lines/information... if you go to another individual window say 7 and from its pop-up menu select "More/Show VCA Info" the following message appears...

IMG_3747.jpeg
It used to show it for all channels in the multiscreen, there was no limit. I don't use it but have confirmed I see the same on my DS-7616NI-M2/16P.

If you turn on "System Configuration/Local/Rule Information" in the web GUI, the Live View display in the web GUI happily displays VCA Info without the 4-channel limit... seems kind of arbitrary that the Live View screen on the NVR would have this limitation.

If you turn on "System Configuration/Local/Rule Information" in the web GUI, the Live View display in the web GUI happily displays VCA Info without the 4-channel limit... seems kind of arbitrary that the Live View screen on the NVR would have this limitation.
Once you turn it on via that system config, does the show/hide have any effect or is it locked on? Also does that display the overlays in playback that don’t seem to work?

Once you turn it on via that system config, does the show/hide have any effect or is it locked on?
I may not have been clear... The "System Configuration/Local/Rule Information" in the web GUI only affects the web GUI live view / playback... so enabled on the web GUI all seems to work correctly in both live view and playback... with no channel limit... there is no other show/hide button in the web GUI?

Also does that display the overlays in playback that don’t seem to work?
I assume you mean on the NVR GUI... I checked and NO, "Show VCA Info" does not seem to work on the NVR GUI playback despite the "VCA information displayed" message you get when tuning it on... it does work on the NVR GUI Live View (with the 4-channel limit).

IMG_3772.jpeg

There's a new version of Hik-Connect released 11 hours ago (6.2.0). It doesn't resolve stuttering V5 playback so I guess it's purely NVR firmware that's the cause.

PS: I wonder why Hik-Connect just never seems to auto update on iOS. I regularly have to manually update after some days.

I wonder why Hik-Connect just never seems to auto update on iOS. I regularly have to manually update after some days.

I've wondered about this too... not just Hik-Connect, other apps on my iPhone do not automatically update... there is a setting in iOS for "App Updates" that I did have turned on... I did not have "Automatic Downloads" (cellular data, same settings screen) checked so I have checked it now and will see what happens next time...

IMG_3774.PNG

I've wondered about this too... not just Hik-Connect, other apps on my iPhone do not automatically update... there is a setting in iOS for "App Updates" that I did have turned on... I did not have "Automatic Downloads" (cellular data, same settings screen) checked so I have checked it now and will see what happens next time...

View attachment 10540
My screen is the same. I too do not have mobile data automatic downloads enabled but that shouldn't matter as it's always on WiFi at home. I regularly have to go into the App Store, search Hik-Connect. It's show as installed with a link to open it; however if I click on the app to get more details that 'open' link changes to 'update'. Sometimes there's been an update over a week ago and I'm still on the old version.

Another issue. It doesn't appear to be possible to edit a channel:

Go to Device Access > Video Device then double click a channel 'POE 1' for example. All fields are populated but greyed out. I would be unable to change from Plug and Play to Manual in order to enter an IP address manually.

I don't have the NVR 4.0 GUI running so I can't be sure, but did this change? Instead of "Network Camera Plug-and-Play" the 4.0 version of the PoE setting screen had "enable/disable"?

I tried turning off "Network Camera Plug-and-Play" for PoE port 1 and the camera went offline. I was then able to add the camera again to that same PoE port 1 even though "Network Camera Plug-and-Play" remained disabled... I guess this is the way you would have to add cameras without plug and play now?

IMG_3775.jpeg

I don't have the NVR 4.0 GUI running so I can't be sure, but did this change? Instead of "Network Camera Plug-and-Play" the 4.0 version of the PoE setting screen had "enable/disable"?

I tried turning off "Network Camera Plug-and-Play" for PoE port 1 and the camera went offline. I was then able to add the camera again to that same PoE port 1 even though "Network Camera Plug-and-Play" remained disabled... I guess this is the way you would have to add cameras without plug and play now?

View attachment 10541
On V4 for all models you can just highlight a channel and click the edit icon. In the resulting pop up box you would switch the channel from plug and play to manual and edit the IP parameters and password to suit. You could make those changes with or without the camera connected.

I have downloaded the new firmware on my DS-7616NI-M2/16P but when I playback any camera footage the time jumps various amounts in seconds. My Hikvision video doorbell won't register with the NVR either, I keep getting a message that the 'Certificate Verification Failed'

I can see the doorbell camera view in the Hikvision App but not through the NVR in the App!

I don't get any stuttering using play back on the Hikvision App (Iphone 15) it plays back smoothly with no jumps in time.

I have downloaded the new firmware on my DS-7616NI-M2/16P but when I playback any camera footage the time jumps various amounts in seconds. My Hikvision video doorbell won't register with the NVR either, I keep getting a message that the 'Certificate Verification Failed'
That's strange; I've no issues with playback locally and I had no issues adding the doorbell. When you say the time is jumping in playback, how are you playing back - on a connected monitor or using a web browser?

The stuttering playback is only present if you add the NVR to the app using Hik-Connect registration. If it's being viewed using a local connection to the app (on the local network or using IP/Domain) there's no issue.

Hi all
Yesterday I did an experiment
I submitted a ticket for my Hybrid ColorVu on Hivision USA: Submit a ticket
And I got back a ticket number !!!!
This is the first time that Hikvision responds to me with a ticket number. EU and Global do not respond.
Of course they asked me Model, Serial, Firmware, Owner etc, Location
So today I submitted two new tickets, one for the ColorVU and one for the Acusense K NVR
I am waiting for their response
I don't know if this is something that we all must do.
Someone seems to listen.....
At the end of every ticket I wrote a note that Hikvision EU and Global do not respond in questions, which is true, at least for me.

Hi all
Yesterday I did an experiment
I submitted a ticket for my Hybrid ColorVu on Hivision USA: Submit a ticket
And I got back a ticket number !!!!
This is the first time that Hikvision responds to me with a ticket number. EU and Global do not respond.
Of course they asked me Model, Serial, Firmware, Owner etc, Location
So today I submitted two new tickets, one for the ColorVU and one for the Acusense K NVR
I am waiting for their response
I don't know if this is something that we all must do.
Someone seems to listen.....
At the end of every ticket I wrote a note that Hikvision EU and Global do not respond in questions, which is true, at least for me.
I always get a ticket number.....and then in a couple of months time after no further correspondence you'll likely get a "Case Closed" e mail like this:

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 17.47.16.png

By the time I get the "Case Closed" I've usually forgotten what the hell I reported!

:) :) This is something I should expect :) :)
I did actually get a proper response once; they [Hikvision] sent me some custom firmware late on a Friday afternoon to resolve a problem. It was corrupt and left with me just blank screens/no video until I downgraded the firmware to the previous firmware (which in turn factory reset the NVR)...then on the Monday morning just two days later a new version was released that fixed the problem I'd reported in the first instance!

That's strange; I've no issues with playback locally and I had no issues adding the doorbell. When you say the time is jumping in playback, how are you playing back - on a connected monitor or using a web browser?

The stuttering playback is only present if you add the NVR to the app using Hik-Connect registration. If it's being viewed using a local connection to the app (on the local network or using IP/Domain) there's no issue.
I am playing footage back using a web browser, when looking at the time of the playback it may say i.e. 23:01:15 then freezes and jumps forward to 23:01: 31, it will freeze again and then jump to 23:01:35.

It seems to be random amounts of time!

I have tried deleting the door bell and adding it again, in the device edit page pressing test works 'connection succeeded' but I still get the security 'certificate validation fail' message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back