01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intrusion Detection markers missing from NVR Playback - using Chrome Web UI

Scenario:
  • DS-7616NI-M2 - Firmware Version - V5.01.060 build 240110
  • DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - Firmware Version - V5.7.14 build 231213
  • Web Browser --> Chrome
  • camera configured for Intrusion Detection
  • camera configured to record to SD card only when smart event is triggered
  • NVR set to continuous record
On NVR:
  • "Event Center" configuration shows Intrusion Detection is set
  • an "Event Search" shows captured pics @ 16:07. A double click on the pic & "Event Search" provides a brief pop up indicating "Channel 1 No videos" (seems strange to me).
  • "Playback" @ 16:07 actually shows the video of the intrusion
  • ICONs, during Playback, for "Intrusion Detection" and "Person" are selected or not selected - makes no difference - markers are non-existent
During Playback, in all situations cases I've found, the expected "markers" (along the bottom) for Intrusion Detection are non-existent on the NVR.

Prior firmware, V4.63.025 build 231201, these "markers" were present.

New feature, or defect, or a configuration issue I've yet to discover ? I'm thinking defect since I've spent hours looking at every config screen I could find. Came up dry.

A couple of pics are included in an attempt to highlight the above.
16.07.camera.intrusion.detection.PNG
16.07.nvr.intrusion.detection.PNG

My experience so far after upgrading a few M series NVRs that I run..

• The arming schedules for intrusion detection events had reset to 24x7 and had to be configured again.
  • I get frequent emails about "illegal logins", despite this being disabled in the Exceptions section (already tried enabling/disabling it - to no avail).
  • Performance of the web interface does seem to be faster, except when using event configuration. There is a few second delay (sometimes) between switching cameras (more so than previously), and so you do not know if something is enabled/disabled unless you wait to get the accurate info for that channel. Would be great if it showed some kind of "Loading.." message, so that you knew it was still working.
  • Many of the interface changes I do not feel are an improvement (especially when things have been pretty consistent for many years across models)... it took me ages to find Virtual Host in V5.

Attempts to Create / re-create a GUID file fail

Scenario: --> Chrome Web UI

How to find the function: --> System Configuration --> User Management --> Account Security Settings --> Export GUID File --> enter Admin password --> enter a file name

Results: --> Exporting failed

The V5.01.060_20240102 user manual is equally brutal as well. e.g. no mention of the GUID file. I could go on & on about the manual but there's not enough hours in the day to document every deficiency.

It's freaking sad this software release ever made it into the public domain.

Last edited:
Note that the juddering playback does not only affect event clip playback in Hik-Connect. It affects playback of all footage via Hik-Connect app where the footage has been recorded after the update. Historical event clips and historical regular recordings aren't affected.

A couple of more notes on the juddering playback issue:

1. I use iVMS-4200 and playback is still ok there (I log into the NVR locally in iVMS-4200... I'm thinking someone who uses iVMS-4200 but logs into Hik-Connect will probably experience this playback juddering?)

2. I tried changing the "Adaptive Bitrate Streaming" setting, no fix there...

Screenshot 2024-01-28 210020.png

3. I tried changing the "Smooth Streaming" setting, no fix there...

Screenshot 2024-01-28 210405.png

4. I noticed a new SVC setting on the NVR and tried enabling it along with setting camera's SVC setting to "AUTO", no fix there...

Screenshot 2024-01-28 210909.png

So, no fix found :(

A couple of more notes on the juddering playback issue:

1. I use iVMS-4200 and playback is still ok there (I log into the NVR locally in iVMS-4200... I'm thinking someone who uses iVMS-4200 but logs into Hik-Connect will probably experience this playback juddering?)

2. I tried changing the "Adaptive Bitrate Streaming" setting, no fix there...

View attachment 10493

3. I tried changing the "Smooth Streaming" setting, no fix there...

View attachment 10494

4. I noticed a new SVC setting on the NVR and tried enabling it along with setting camera's SVC setting to "AUTO", no fix there...

View attachment 10495

So, no fix found :(
Yeah I had a click around with those settings also a few days ago to no avail. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best and await an update. Previously the update was only showing for the 7732 M4 model. As Phil posted a few days ago it had been added for the 7616 M2 model on the global site; I just checked and it's also now the linked file for the 7616 M2 on the UK site. More unhappy customers....

So, I tried using iVMS-4200 logged into Hik-Connect and playback does judder just like Hik-Connect on iPhone.

I was wondering if one of the critics about the former hardware and software generations was the fact that we could not set a record schedule "continuously" AND see the event markers for intrusion detection while PLAY-ing the stream through Hik-Connect.

Has this "issue" been fixed with the new generation devices / firmware?

I was wondering if one of the critics about the former hardware and software generations was the fact that we could not set a record schedule "continuously" AND see the event markers for intrusion detection while PLAY-ing the stream through Hik-Connect.

Has this "issue" been fixed with the new generation devices / firmware?
It’s been introduced to some models of DVR . NVR and camera in recent firmware. It’s not necessarily hardware dependent as it’s available on the 760xNI-K2 which is 6 years old or more

Thanks, I have the DS-7808NI-I2 along with some fairly new ColorVu camera's.
The NVR should be newer than the K2 but I don't believe I am able to see event markers in Hik-Connect while the NVR is recording continuously.

Thanks, I have the DS-7808NI-I2 along with some fairly new ColorVu camera's.
The NVR should be newer than the K2 but I don't believe I am able to see event markers in Hik-Connect while the NVR is recording continuously.
The I is older than the K. Unfortunately it doesn’t support the feature. As it’s discontinued, unless Hikvision decide to release version 5 GUI for the I series (doubtful) you won’t get the function.

The NI-K2, NXI-K1/K2, NXI-I2, NI-M2 among others support it on current firmware.

Last edited:
The I is older than the K. Unfortunately it doesn’t support the feature. As it’s discontinued, unless Hikvision decide to release version 5 GUI for the I series (doubtful) you won’t get the function.

The NI-K2, NXI-K1/K2, NXI-I2, NI-M2 among others support it on current firmware.
The Hik-Connect app has become far far better than the GUI of this type of NVR(.....-NXI-K1/K2).
On any kind of search and mainly on timings. Different colors markers for every type of target. There are no issues with pre-record times or what ever should be called for continuous recording
One whole year of issues not fixed and every new firmware they add new ones(issues)

Strange issue with Bad Sector detection under "Maintenance and Security > System Maintenance > Device Debugging > Bad Sector Detection".

The WD Gold 12TB I have installed passes SMART, but fails Bad Sector detection in Key areas with "Terminated. Too many bad sectors. 0.00%".

Might be that it doesn't like a 12TB drive, but the drive is fine as it was tested on my local PC.

Update 25th January 2024 - Please read to the end of this thread BEFORE updating your NVR (it may be wise to wait for subsequent updated versions to be released)

Hikvision has announced new firmware for their M-Series Network Video Recorders - V5.01.060_240110

This firmware brings the new 5.0 GUI to the M-series NVRs (DS-76xx/77xx/96xxNI-M2/M4/M8/M16).

The Release Notes are attached.

Firmware can currently be found via this NVR product page (this is specifically a 7732NI-M4 model, but the firmware is the same for all 76/77 M-series NVRs).

Reason of Upgrade

User interface innovation. Add new features and optimize product performance.

New features

1.【New User Interface of Local Output】
2.【New User Interface of Web】
3.【Support Smart Search Function】
4.【Support Slice Playback Function】
5.【Support Event Center】
6.【Support Device Group Management】
7.【Support Auto-Switch for Custom View】

Below are the NVR models that support this firmware version:

DS-7608NI-M2
DS-7608NI-M2/8P
DS-7616NI-M2
DS-7616NI-M2/16P
DS-7716NI-M4
DS-7716NI-M4/16P
DS-7732NI-M4
DS-7732NI-M4/16P
DS-7764NI-M4
DS-9616NI-M8
DS-9616NI-M8/R
DS-9632NI-M16
DS-9632NI-M16/R
DS-9632NI-M8
DS-9632NI-M8/R
DS-9664NI-M16
DS-9664NI-M16/R
DS-9664NI-M8
DS-9664NI-M8/R
DS-96128NI-M8
DS-96128NI-M8/R
DS-96128NI-M16
DS-96128NI-M16/R
Hi Dan - Just to confirm this latest firmware update is NOT for the smaller 8-channel 7100 Series NVRs right? - 8-ch PoE 1080p Mini 1U NVR DS-7108NI-Q18P right

Hi @zane

That is correct, this firmware is for 76xx/77xx/96xx M-series NVRs ONLY.

Your 71xx Q-series NVR will not support this firmware.

I wonder if Hikvision will take note of any of the negative feedback for this firmware. It really is absolutely abysmal.

10 days on there is no fix yet available for a playback bug that renders a CCTV system unusable with Hik-Connect.

This morning I needed to search something in playback using 'Space Rule'. The brilliantly quick/simple 'two mouse clicks to set the line' has been replaced with:

1. Click space rule icon
  2. Rectangle appears for 'region'
  3. Click icon for line
  4. Pre drawn random line appears
  5. Adjust and position the line to suit ****
  6. Click search
**** The line is so ridiculously awkward to resize and position. Only when the endpoint of the line is yellow can the line be rotated, extended, retracted. At all other times you accidentally pick up the line and move it (when the endpoint is white). The target area to get that endpoint yellow is only a few pixels.

I've little positive to say about this firmware now (the icons are pretty and "NVR 5.0" has a nice font?). This is not just a change of use habit and a need to get used to the new firmware. It is simply awful.

DS-7716NI-M4 Non-PoE - Broken One-Key Disarm

One-Key Disarm got incredibly broken by the update, doesn’t disarm the Audio Alert feature anymore despite it being enabled to do so, and the moment the customer tries to arm and disarm on Hik-Connect instead, it throws the whole thing out of whack and stops disabling other features too. Had to roll the machine back to V4, it’s now working sweet as a charm.

I'm actually finding the double click action a bit flakey and I'm sometimes having to slow my finger click speed (rather than speed it up) to get the action to occur.
Double click action seems ok for me... nothing new, could be your specific mouse type is not as agreeable with the new GUI?

I spoke too soon... something aint right got me quadruple clickin and more

Do you have VCA Rules, Display target pattern, Enable Highlight, visible on Playback and Event Playback?

Do you have VCA Rules, Display target pattern, Enable Highlight, visible on Playback and Event Playback?
V5 is very different from previous M and I series V4 in the way that it works. They've made the interface more like the NXI and EUI that you're familiar with.

From normal playback clicking the 'Human' icon in the lower left corner instantly displays the red markers and plays back the events. That's actually an improvement being able to do normal and smart playback from one screen rather than having to switch between Normal and Smart (careful there JohnBoy - that almost sounded like you had something positive to say....) Several issues:

1 - you guessed it @alfaclvi - there's no 5 seconds pre event. It's really annoying as it was an issue previously on I & M series V4 firmware that was corrected, but now it's reintroduced in V5.

2 - On EUI firmware or in the NXI firmware, adjacent to to the 'Human', 'Vehicle' icons there's a checkbox for 'skip unrelated playback'. That's really handy...you start playback, click 'Human' and check 'Skip Unrelated' to skip through the events. When you see something of interest, you just uncheck the 'Skip unrelated' box to playback continuously. However on the V5 firmware we have 'Human', 'Vehicle', "Space Rule'. To get to that 'Skip unrelated' we have to click the gear wheel icon in the lower right to open the 'Play Strategy' sidebar, flick the switch on/off and click ok. That's so much more of a tart on, fanny on, PITA, annoyance, inconvenience.

VCA Rules - Glad you asked about that.....

1 - In Live View it's restricted. "No more than 4 channels can display smart information". It never was previously - you could enable/disable on an individual screen segment or globally for the entire multiscreen view. As that message appears it is clearly an intentional change. It's not something that bothers me as I don't use it but I could imagine that those who do could be annoyed by that change. When 'Show VCA' is turned on it displays the rule (line in my setup), highlights and tracks the moving targets (vehicles and humans) in green. In my setup I only use 'Human' but it still highlights and tracks vehicles.

2 - .....another bug. Clicking to Show or Hide VCA info while in playback has no effect. A green box appears "VCA information displayed"; however the overlays do not display on the recorded video.

I spent some time yesterday evening looking at Dahua's offerings. I think the first NVR that is delivered to me preloaded with V5 firmware on could be the last I install if it's in it's current state.

Space Rule - as previously posted that's a complete car crash. In a vain attempt to simplify a feature, Hikvision have overcomplicated it (defining the search line, region is finicky) However, unlike Smart playback, the 5 second pre event works in space rule! When you uncheck the space rule icon, continuous playback resumes from that point. Unfortunately when you toggle it back on again...the rule has been reset and redefining it starts from scratch.

To go between Space Rule and Continuous playback while maintaining the current timeline position, you need to toggle 'Skip normal video'. I would be fine with that, if that was an icon on the bottom row next to Human, Vehicle, Space Rule but as stated above, it isn't. It's hidden away behind the gear wheel icon in the lower right that brings up a side panel covering a third of the screen. I appreciate that the extra menu is needed for playback strategy to adjust the speed of related and unrelated playback; however Hikvision could've just duplicated the function with the addition of that icon, permanently visible as it is on the newer NI-K, NXI-K and DVR firmwares.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back