01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Phil,
Your serial number pattern seems to follow the same convention as our Western Region market devices (not Chinese Region), so I guess you'd be OK using downloads from the European Portal, BUT I have no way to verify this, so you'd be best to seek advice from your supplier.
Yes, it is best to check the portal, we quite often see people believing they are on the latest (because the camera/NVR/App says they are, when in fact newer firmware is available at the portal.

NB [to All] it is important to update to the latest available firmware for your devices; HikVision have implemented solutions/preventions to hacks - you need these latest versions to be as secure as possible.

hmmm two Phils could be trouble...where did you buy the NVR? Firmware that shipped on my I series "RR" is 3.4.93 170408 which can be downloaded from the euro portal. I upgraded to 3.4.95 170626 did not resolve my issues. I reinstalled back to the original. Same issues.

All of my hik cameras are US/English and updated to latest US firmware. I noticed the US firmware has an earlier number so I took a chance and installed it. It has been running for 7 or 8 days and my issue has not resurfaced. Don't know if the I series you have is any different from mine other than the plug on the end of the cord. I upgraded and downgraded easily enough by download the firmware to a USB drive, unzipping it and inserting the drive into the USB port on the NVR. I use that for a keyboard (mouse in the rear USB) and it seems to tolerate hot swapping of USB devices.

Last edited:
I did contact the wholesalers & they simply advise "We don't ever update firmware".

Stated the Official Distributor ship them the units with what's "Most Stable".

Also found this link at another reputable supplier in Australia....

V3.4.93

Ness Corporation Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2/16P 16 Channel IP NVR

I do hear "We never update firmware", a lot being in IT, but eing in the industry know how hardware very commonly is manufactured & shipped with a very dated version.

Apologies' for seeming vague,

What I'm finding confusing is that browsing on the portal I see at least two different downloads that both state in the release notes that they support DS-76xx-NI-I2/xP

That & the option of English or Multi-language on one.

And no, I'm not a believer is just letting firmware be, as the suppliers seem to be.

I'm trying to update my NVR, but ending with an "Upgrading failed." message.
What kind of system dependencies are known?
I tried with Safari on Mac OSX and Internet Explorer under Windows 7.
This is the version I tried to install:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

V3.4.2 build 160302 -> V3.4.6 build 160405
What's wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Sven
Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-23 um 19.02.15.png
Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-23 um 19.32.52.png

That's the wrong firmware page at the HikVision portal for your NVR.
You need this page for your -I, newest at the bottom (V3.4.96):
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Hi All,

New to these devices & looking for some assistance.

Only received the unit yesterday & distributors aren't very helpful when it comes to firmware upgrades....
They simply suggest not upgrading it.

I see there is a V3.4.95 available, but would like confirmation I am looking in the right place etc for my Australian sourced unit.
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I notice also if I use the update button it responds with no update available,
but I often see that situation with many other devices.

Thanks

Phil.

View attachment 329

Just tried updating my NVR with NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.96_170921, but it's now locked me out.

It booted & asked me for a NEW password & an unlock pattern, which I set, but it now says they are wrong & I can't get back into it.

Can't see it with the SAPD tool either, even though I can bring up menus with the mouse on the main screen.

Anyone Help Please?

Phil.

Edit,
Full details in above post, that I didn't seem to get to quote properly.

Model# DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P
Serial# DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P1620161123CCRR679550102WCVU
Firmware V3.4.82 build 161008

I did export the device parameters before the upgrade, but when I try importing them from a USB I get a GUID file mismatch message.

Entering the password I had set is of no help as I can't enter a username.

Hi, the latest firmware for your NVR is listed here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

You should be able to use the latest V4 firmware with that HikVision NVR.

NB - The usual caveats, we only ever work with official UK hardware and firmware. If you are unsure about whether your device is official UK then please seek advice from your supplier.

Thanks Phil,

That is the one I used.
Not quite the level of support available out here in Australia, but I have been making contact about a resolution.

Sound simple to send the whole unit back when the people you talk to don't realise you are in the bush & 8 to 10 hours from their offices.

I did email you directly also in regards to the issue, but not checked for responses to that yet.
After 8pm here in Aus & just finished dinner.

Cheers

Phil.

Will I get any benefit from upgrading to the new V4 from V3.4.95 ?
In my opinion V4 doesn't look at user friendly.

Hi , hoping someone can advise. I see firmware v3.4.95 is the last firmware with en and ml firmware. There are 3 firmware updates after this with v3.4.98 being the latest but only with ml versions Europe east , Europe west and Europe std. In the explanation text none of these versions list English. What firmware do I upgrade to? 3.4.95 en or will the 3.4.98 be in English or not? Which version? Many thanks for any advice.

Hi , hoping someone can advise. I see firmware v3.4.95 is the last firmware with en and ml firmware. There are 3 firmware updates after this with v3.4.98 being the latest but only with ml versions Europe east , Europe west and Europe std. In the explanation text none of these versions list English. What firmware do I upgrade to? 3.4.95 en or will the 3.4.98 be in English or not? Which version? Many thanks for any advice.

What NVR model do you have please?

Hi it’s an DS-7616NI-E2/8P. Many thanks

They provide this explanation of the file name text for those updates:
Europe-East: Bulgarian,Magyar,Greek,Czech,Slovak,Polski,Romanian,Hrvatski,Slovenia,Srpski
Europe-West: Deutsch,Italiano,French,Dutch,Portuguese,Spanish,Dansk,Svenska,Norsk,Suomi
Europe_Other: Magyar,Deutsh,Italiano,Czech,French,Polski,Dutch,Portuguese,Spanish,Dansk

with_BL_: Baseline (BL)
with_ML_: Multi-language (ML)
with_STD_: Standard version with Hikvision logo

I believe that (although not mentioned) all of those versions will also include English.
It's just an oversight by HikVision not to mention English.
Therefore you can use any of these V3.4.98 downloads:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Thanks very much. Can I just install the latest one or must I do incremental updates and install all the previous updates.? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back