01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having a reboot issue - when accessing the system via IVMS-4500 (iphone). The NVR will go days without an issue until i access it via the app. This will cause an abnormal shutdown?

Any ideas?

Kieran updated Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.90 build 160926

This is a fairly substantial update for the Hikvision I Series NVRs.

Most notably, it introduces a new password reset process, allowing you to export a one-time recovery file for future use if necessary, rather than having to contact Hikvision for one.

Similarly, the annoying bug preventing the NVR from capturing and saving VCA and timelapse images larger than 512KB has been fixed....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Same here - i have randomly reboot issues with my DS-7608 NI-I2/8P. The NVR works hours without any issues and randomly the NVR is ~3minutes inaccesible.

My 7608 works fine until i access the feeds via the IVMS-4500. Generally it works for a couple of mins, then hangs whilst the 7608 reboots. looking at the logs it reports an abnormal shutdown!!.

This has been happening since i purchased this unit and would like to know how to fix please!

Hello ardsar,

i have got the hint today to disable UPNP on the NVR (i disabled it on the cameras too, because i have virtual host enabled). Now i am observing the NVR if this is the reason for random reboots...

Update:

Ii have the solution for the random reboot issue: disabling UPNP (on the NVR and the cams) and what is more important, resetting the NVR to factory settings!

First, I did an update to the newest firmware 3.4.90 and disabled UPNP with no effect for the reboot issue. But after resetting the NVR to the factory settings it is now working perfectly without any problem.

SJS - thanks for the suggestion. I have had UPNP turned off for several weeks however, it does not resolve the issue. Last week i would get an abnormal shutdown more or less as soon as i accessed the NVR via the mobile app. I cant believe this issue has not been resolved. Who at Hikvision should i contact.

Did you reset the NVR to factory settings?

BTW: My reboot issue is back after i installed a new camera...i think i have to do another factory reset to get it work without reboots....

Random reboot issues.

I as well linked the reboot issues to my access from iWMS-4500. However, just look deeper into the log details, and realized today, that when my NVR makes an abnormal shutdown, this is often after several attempt with unsuccessful login??
Could someone check whether actually same issue with you, that some is actually trying to access your NVR with wrong password and locked out?

Seems I have someone from Ukraine (based the ip address) that try to hack my NVR ;-(
So just changed the URL for my DDNS record ;-)

(screendump is from the log where the "ugyldig registrering"="unsuccessful login".
and second is the "unormal nedlukning"="abnormal shutdown"). Having this on various days from the same ip address and then my NVR makes a 3 minutes shutdown

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Hello Soren,

very interesting...where can i find the log details in my NVR?

I don't think it is a "hacking problem" here because i use the internal Fritzbox DNS service, so the URL is not visible. Another point is that the NVR would block any attempt after 6 unsuccessful logins...

Ok, i find the log details...very interesting. I will have a further look on it...but what i see, is a bunch of "abnormal shutdowns" :-(

Thanls Soren!

I take a closer look today into the log: i see no invalid logins, but a lot of "unnormal shutdowns" (3 times within 30min last night, after tthat the NVR works for 12 hours with no problems).

Sometimes, the (legal) login by myself from outside causes a reboot too, but randomly.

Is there still no solution by HIKVISION? It is absolutely unacceptable for an NVR that random reboots and so blocks the records for minutes! Several users have this problem!!!

Still no satisfaction with this NVR...i added a new camera and the reboot issue with higher frequency is back, now several times a day.

The IVMS app causes now either an immediate reboot of the NVR or the reboot comes after some seconds viewing....what a waste of money and time!

I think this was my last HIKVISION buyment. Another forums are full of these reboot issues too, and HIKVISION does absolutely nothing to solve it. Very frustrating!

Still no satisfaction with this NVR...i added a new camera and the reboot issue with higher frequency is back, now several times a day.

The IVMS app causes now either an immediate reboot of the NVR or the reboot comes after some seconds viewing....what a waste of money and time!

I think this was my last HIKVISION buyment. Another forums are full of these reboot issues too, and HIKVISION does absolutely nothing to solve it. Very frustrating!

Hi Stefan,

Since I upgraded the Cam firmware last Friday, and made a restore of settings on all cams and the nvr, I have not had any 'abnormal shutdowns' now for 4 days. I'm accessing the nvr for live view several times daily from iVMS4500 app.

After reading in another forum that issue more likely related to processor load than when remote accessing the nvr, I have turned motion detection off and instead using 'intrusion detection' which in my short experience also works much better (more accurate on actual intruders). I have also turned the "Enable dual vca" off (read somewhere this as well takes lot of processor load). Not sure what that actually does but no visual difference for me. Also turned the Hikcloud P2P off. So only using HikDDNS.

Lets see for how many days this will run without the 'abnormal shutdown' (will post an update if experiencing any abnormal shutdowns)

Reactions: SJS
Hi Soren,

thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

I will do another reset of the NVR. All motion detection features are disabled, all cloud/email/DNS services are disabled too. Dual VCA was enabled, i disabled it now.

Did you reset the NVR via the webinterface or the local interface?
How many cams are connected to your NVR? What is your stream resolution?

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi Soren,

thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

I will do another reset of the NVR. All motion detection features are disabled, all cloud/email/DNS services are disabled too. Dual VCA was enabled, i disabled it now.

Did you reset the NVR via the webinterface or the local interface?
How many cams are connected to your NVR? What is your stream resolution?

Thanks,
Stefan
The nvr was reset (all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings) via the webinterface (always use the webinterface for accessing the nvr and cam configurations) and use the windows client iWMS 4200 for playback as easier to make time searches etc. Viewing life stream I do on the iPad/iPhone app iWMS4500 or windows client iWMS4200.

I have five DS2CD2142FWDI 4MP WDR Dome cams connected. All running with video settings as in enclosed pic (standard/default config however I have manually adjusted the frame rate. I only use frame rate of 10 fps to allow for longer storage but still providing a good stream/video look when playing the recorded videos.) I have previously used the H.264+ encoding as ON, but Kieran once told me in another thread, that H.264+ uses more processing power. So I have tuned it off as have around 3-4 weeks storage for each cam (three of them only record for 16 hrs day).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 495
Hi Soren,

i use H.264 too, not H.264+. But with full frame rate, higher bitrates (8192 kBit/s) and i have six cameras connected (4x4MP, 2x3MP with full resolution). I have two 4Tb WD Purple installed.

Maybe the cpu load is more critical in my installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back