01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Soren,

i use H.264 too, not H.264+. But with full frame rate, higher bitrates (8192 kBit/s) and i have six cameras connected (4x4MP, 2x3MP with full resolution). I have two 4Tb WD Purple installed.

Maybe the cpu load is more critical in my installation...
Most properly ;-) I can not see any real different from using 10 pictures per second compared to 18. Read somewhere that the human eye can not see any difference in the stream down to 7-8 pics per second. Of course, my surveillance is only for home use, and as such 10 pics per second should be good enough for that purpose.

I can unfortunately not find anywhere via the remote software where able to see the actual NVR cpu or memory usage. But will try to log into the NVR locally during the weekend just to see whether this info is traceable and the real difference to the NVR when these settings are turned on or off

Last edited:
Just signed up as been having bad issues with the 7608 like others, Was at the point of sending back for a refund. However,
Yesterday(4/1/2017) hikvision released the 3.4.91 firmware as up until now my machine has not rebooted since 4.00 pm. Keep in mind that mine was rebooting on average 25 + times a day with only 3 cameras attached.

So fingers crossed, it may have finally be solved, time will tell :)

Just signed up as been having bad issues with the 7608 like others, Was at the point of sending back for a refund. However,
Yesterday(4/1/2017) hikvision released the 3.4.91 firmware as up until now my machine has not rebooted since 4.00 pm. Keep in mind that mine was rebooting on average 25 + times a day with only 3 cameras attached.

So fingers crossed, it may have finally be solved, time will tell :)
Realease note:
Optimization [Stability] Optimize 7608NI-I2/P NVR’s stability in high load situation.

Link to Hik Europe download: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/76 77 96 NI-I/V3.4.91 build161220/

NVR updated. Even have been running for 4 days now without the abnormal reboots/shutdowns, the new firmware installed. Will monitor log next couple of days/weeks to see if any difference.

Can unfortunately not find any menu in the NVR GUI where possible to monitor NVR cpu load or memory usage (can only find menu monitoring network/bandwidth usage/load )....

Last edited:
Reactions: SJS
Yesterday(4/1/2017) hikvision released the 3.4.91 firmware

Good spot Pete, I'll get the resource section updated.

Glad to hear it might have resolved the reboot issue - headaches all around.

Reactions: SJS
Well, over 24 hours and still not rebooted :D

Bit much when your happy that a 24h cctv system actually stays up for 24h :confused:

Keep us updated @SJS!

Hi All. Firstly, got a 7608ni-i2/8p and great info on this site. Was able to do find lots of useful info on settings certain features. Was able to get remote viewing working, gmail etc. Thanks for that.

My nvr came with 3.4.62 firmware, english only (as I dont see other language options). Region is RR unspecified/other (im not in Europe). After reading about reboot issues im glad I didnt have any (touch wood), and some say english only firmware's use less memory.

Last two firmware's on hikvision Europe is ML only. Is there anywhere else I can get english only firmware? I cannot find any other hikvision portal.

When I check for upgrades within the nvr options it says there is none available. Thanks

Not that I'm aware of, sorry. We can only really work with what Hikvision make publicly available on their download sites.

Kieran updated Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.91 build 161220

This is a fairly important firmware update for the Hikvision I Series NVRs.

Owners of a DS-7608NI-I2-8P in particular should update to this version, as v3.4.91 introduces crucial stability optimisations in high load scenarios for this model. Many people suffered random reboots with their DS-7608NI-I2-8P and by all accounts these optimisations should resolve this problem.

Other improvements in this update include a long-distance POE mode, which extends the POE transmission distance from...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a FYI regards stability.

Over a week now without reboot/issue :cool:

Looks like they finally nailed it.

Edit:

Looks like I'm ahead of my self, not actually a week till tomorrow :oops:

Last edited:
Same here...runs now for 4 days without any reboot. Remote watching via IVMS seems to be more stable too...puuh :-)

It seems that the new firmware is the solution for all the recent problems and it seems that Hikvision reads the posts here :-)

Now i am happy with my NVR :):):) Thanks to Hikvision for solving this issue!

Does this version support DS-8616NI-ST?
I can't find any firmware update that specifically mentions this model

Does this version support DS-8616NI-ST?
I can't find any firmware update that specifically mentions this model
No, this is for Hikvision's -I series NVRs, so models like the 7616NI-I2, 7716NI-I4 etc.

Your DS-8616NI-ST is part of the older -ST Netra series.

On the Hikvision European download portal, you'll want to look in the "DS-76&77&86&85&96-ST -SP -XT-RT" section

Same here...runs now for 4 days without any reboot. Remote watching via IVMS seems to be more stable too...puuh :)

It seems that the new firmware is the solution for all the recent problems and it seems that Hikvision reads the posts here :)

Now i am happy with my NVR :):):) Thanks to Hikvision for solving this issue!
on day 12 without any abnormal reboots/shutdowns

Thankyou.
I did find this version before but keep getting a error when trying to update. But to be honest I am not sure if I am even doing it right. I am heading back to site now to give it another go today.
Do I need to unzip the files or do the machines read the zipped download as is?
Or do I need to update the firmware one version at a time in order?

Last edited:
Do I need to unzip the files or do the machines read the zipped download as is?
Or do I need to update the firmware one version at a time in order?
You need to unzip the file and upload the digicap.dav (or digicap.mav, depending on the firmware).

Hikvision recommend you do not skip second-digit firmware versions, but you can skip third-digit updates just fine. So for example, the following upgrade path is fine - 3.0.0 >> 3.1.0 >> 3.2.0 >> 3.3.0 - but jumping straight from 3.0.0 to 3.4.0 is not.

As always, Hikvision recommend you factory default your device after updating the firmware.

Thanks again.
I managed to run the first firmware update but keep getting firmware mismatch errors when trying the next stage. Hikvision tech support have not answered there phone to me once in all my attempts of calling and being on hold. So looks like another unproductive day for me then today

All sorted thanks for your help.
All new experience for me. I was walking into the job blind.
Glad I found this thread. Because I couldn't get any help from the usual channels. Cheers ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back