01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
Update 25th February 2020 - Superseded by V4.22.005: Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series NVRs - version V4.22.005

Kieran submitted a new resource:

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS - Hikvision -I series NVR Firmware V3.4.2

Latest firmware for the 4K Hikvision -I series NVRs

This firmware is for the following models:

DS-7600NI-I2
DS-7600NI-I2/8P(16P)
DS-7700NI-I4
DS-7700NI-I4/16P
DS-9632/64NI-I8
DS-9632/64NI-I16

v3.4.2 introduces many new features and stability fixes. Most notably, it is now possible to use Smart Playback via the web interface, as well as the introduction of thumbnails during local playback on the NVR to quickly navigate footage.

You can read the full update notes here

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what they mean by stability fixes - I've had numerous unexpected shutdowns, typically after viewing recorded footage and live stream. Shutdown can happen straight away or an hour later.

Few things you can do to try and diagnose the cause:
  • Factory reset the NVR to rule out any user configuration issues
  • Reapply the same version of firmware your NVR is currently running. This may restore some missing files on the OS of the NVR
  • Reduce the load on the NVR for a testing period just in case it's being strained
We're not aware of any issues with v3.4.2 just yet, but it is still a recent release so that's not to say it isn't possible

Kieran updated Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.6 build 160405

This firmware update for your -I series NVRs sees the addition of SSH functionality and increases the number of countries supported by Hikvision's LPR features. These included the frequently requested Ireland and Turkey. For a full list of added countries, please see the release notes.

The NVRs stability is also optimised when uploading license plate pictures of black/white list via emails.

Please read...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any one who has upgraded to ver 3.4.6 and have runned this version for a while that can confirm no issues?
And anyone who know the difference on version 3.4.6 vs 3.4.62 ?
NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.6_160405
NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.62_160503

Last edited:
Hi Soren,

We've been running v3.4.62 on a couple of NVRs in the office for a while now with no issues encountered as of yet.

Release notes for v3.4.62 can be found on Hikvision's European download portal for this specific firmware update. They're very brief though, and list "Optimizes NVR's web component compatibility with windows system" as the only change - what that has actually changed, I have no idea I'm afraid.

Vague as always it seems...

Thanks, ;) just upgraded my firmware to V 3.4.62 yesterday eve and until now running fine

Last edited:
When I try to upgrade my Hikvision NVR (DS-7716NI-I4) I got upgrading failed.....
Current version I'm running is: V3.3.6 build 150828

Hi Ben,

If you're trying to update the firmware via a wireless connection, could I please ask you to try a wired connection? We've seen an increasing number of firmware update failures lately from wireless connections

Hi Ben,

If you're trying to update the firmware via a wireless connection, could I please ask you to try a wired connection? We've seen an increasing number of firmware update failures lately from wireless connections
Thanks for your reply, everything is all hardwired.....

Ben, I experienced the same when tried to install the update attached this thread (English version of upgrade 3.4.6) to my 7608 NI-I2
I had the multi language v 3.3.6. installed prior upgrading. And failed when used the file from this thread. But the upgrade went fine using the v 3.4.62 multiple language version which I downloaded directly from the hikvision eu site (and as the link just provided above fr Kieran)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback gents. Unsure why the previous upload was causing issues, perhaps something happened during the upload of the .zip.

Regardless, I've just corrected the old upload (hopefully!) and added a new version.

Hi Kieran, thanks for the updates and info. I just wanted to confirm that the above update will work for my NVR DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P?

Thanks

Yes, the above updates are compatible with your NVR.

i have a problem with the cameras, how do i reset the passwords of the IP cameras DS-2CD2112F-IW it has a reset botton inside but it's not resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back