01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IE browser playback failed from my Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A NVR?

digital

Using Internet Explorer v11.1198.18362.0 I can see the live view streams from my seven Hikvision cameras but when I try to playback I get a 'Playback failed' note despite being able to see the red event markers on the timeline. Playback is fine on a monitor connected directly to the NVR and also through Hik-Connect on my Android 'phone.

Playback has been fine previously: the problem has surfaced in the last couple of days and is present on both my laptop and desktop.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be would be welcome.

The cameras are:
three DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS running V5.5.82 build 190909 firmware (connected through a switch) and
four DS-2CD2042WD-I running V5.5.82 build 190909 firmware (connected directly to the POE ports on the NVR)

The NVR is a DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A running V3.4.103 build 181226 firmware. Free space on the 2TB drive is showing 0.00GB.

The Webcomponents plugin is v3.0.6.27 on my laptop and v3.0.6.46 on my desktop.

Last edited:
Solution
Did you manage to sort this issue? Are you running a very new release of Kaspersky KIS?

I've just come across the same issue on a very recent re-install of Windows 10 / latest version of Kaspersky 21.**.
I do not have this issue on my laptop that is running the older version of Kaspersky 20.**.

I've traced this to the Port Monitoring under Network Settings. Under monitored ports, 80 for http is active for TCP. Now this should be active, however as a test, disabling it allows playback to work. There has to be something odd with the new version of Kaspersky because you do not really want to disable this rule.

The solution I've found is outside of Kaspersky. If you go back into "Configuration" on the NVR and then "LOCAL", change...
Are your PC and laptop both Windows 10?

I'm not aware of anything changing.

Maybe try using IE as an administrator:
Run Internet Explorer as an administrator

Cycle the power to your NVR?
Thanks for the response and suggestions.

Both are Windows 10 and up-to-date, running IE as an administrator hasn't worked and neither has a recycle. I have a feeling it's going to be something really simple but cannot see anything that has changed.

Upvote 0
Maybe you have an anti-virus / firewall solution that is used by both computers and has been updated recently?
Can you try it with 'shields down'?

If you still see the same, can you please post a screenshot here - we might see something that helps us solve the riddle :confused:

Upvote 0
Maybe you have an anti-virus / firewall solution that is used by both computers and has been updated recently?
Can you try it with 'shields down'?

If you still see the same, can you please post a screenshot here - we might see something that helps us solve the riddle :confused:
I tried it on both with Kaspersky paused but no change.

A can post a screenshot (thanks for the offer). What would you want it to show?

Upvote 0
It'd be useful to see a full-screen view of the page with 'playback failed' error message showing.

Upvote 0
It'd be useful to see a full-screen view of the page with 'playback failed' error message showing.
I'm not sure how helpful this might be...

Attachments

• Playback_failed.jpg
    Playback_failed.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 639
Upvote 0
Hi, the screenshot is helpful - it confirms that you seem to be doing all the right things! :confused:
We're a bit stumped.
Unfortunately, we don't have that model/series NVR on our demo system to run a test with.

Do you get the same error if you select a single camera pane view and try to play back?

Upvote 0
Hi, the screenshot is helpful - it confirms that you seem to be doing all the right things! :confused:
We're a bit stumped.
Unfortunately, we don't have that model/series NVR on our demo system to run a test with.

Do you get the same error if you select a single camera pane view and try to play back?
Good to know I'm doing all the right things!

Unfortunately, the error is still there with the single camera view.

Upvote 0
I dug out a rarely used laptop and playback works! Windows 10, IE 11 are both the same versions. I can only imagine it's something within IE that's the problem but I can't see anything within the available settings, nor can I see how to transfer IE's settings across. Frustrating!

Upvote 0
Hmmm :confused:

Have you tried using IEtab within the Chrome browser on either of the two computers that playback does not work on?

Upvote 0
Hmmm :confused:

Have you tried using IEtab within the Chrome browser on either of the two computers that playback does not work on?

Thanks for the suggestion but no luck. Frustrating or what?

Upvote 0
I don't suppose that you have recently configured an Encryption Key?
[I would expect a more precise error message]

1605561789162.png

You can disable encryption via the direct-connected monitor - might be a useful quick test.

Upvote 0
I don't suppose that you have recently configured an Encryption Key?
[I would expect a more precise error message]

View attachment 4668

You can disable encryption via the direct-connected monitor - might be a useful quick test.
Thanks. My laptop screen looks like yours but I cannot find a screen on the directly-connected monitor on which to set/unset encryption. Could you give me a clue please? And thanks for sticking with this!

Upvote 0
You’ll need to do this by a directly connected monitor to the NVR, and going to:
Configuration -> Network -> Access Platform and untick "Enable Stream Encryption".

Upvote 0
Did you manage to sort this issue? Are you running a very new release of Kaspersky KIS?

I've just come across the same issue on a very recent re-install of Windows 10 / latest version of Kaspersky 21.**.
I do not have this issue on my laptop that is running the older version of Kaspersky 20.**.

I've traced this to the Port Monitoring under Network Settings. Under monitored ports, 80 for http is active for TCP. Now this should be active, however as a test, disabling it allows playback to work. There has to be something odd with the new version of Kaspersky because you do not really want to disable this rule.

The solution I've found is outside of Kaspersky. If you go back into "Configuration" on the NVR and then "LOCAL", change PROTOCOL from TCP to UDP. You should then fine playback works again.

Upvote 1
Solution
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I had tried all that Phil had very patiently suggested (thank you Phil) but gave up in the end...

Upvote 0
Glad it worked. By using UDP, it just means the packets don't get sent with error correction and in fact because of this UDP is slightly faster in transmission. But for local viewing, you shouldn't have any issues unless you have a flakey homenet work :)

Upvote 0
Thought I would take the opportunity to update this post / solution for anyone else experiencing playback issues on NVR with last version of Kaspersky installed and using TCP for local playback (preferred, rather than UDP)

I followed up with Kaspersky support. It's all related to the "Local Service Control" application that is download/installed when you use the NVR.

In Kaspersky, SETTINGS, Application Control,, Manage Applications
Top right, search for "localservicecontrol", Right click and select "Details and Rules", then select "Exclusions".
Tick/select "Do not scan all traffic" and also tick "Only for specified IP address". Add the IP address for your NVR. Save and your done.

Back on the NVR, remember to change "Configuration" / "LOCAL", PROTOCOL from UDP back to TCP if you have previously changed it to UDP.

Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. I downgraded to Kaspersky 20. and the playback was working normally, but with 21. it is not working. I wanted to follow your solution to add exclusions to "localservicecontrol", but i can not find it in Kaspersky - settings - application control - manage applications. There is no such an application when I search.
Would you please advise a solution because loosing playback function disturbs me very much. I can not stop Kaspersky update to version 21., for this reason downgrading is just an interim solution.
Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Back