01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IE browser playback failed from my Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A NVR?

digital

Using Internet Explorer v11.1198.18362.0 I can see the live view streams from my seven Hikvision cameras but when I try to playback I get a 'Playback failed' note despite being able to see the red event markers on the timeline. Playback is fine on a monitor connected directly to the NVR and also through Hik-Connect on my Android 'phone.

Playback has been fine previously: the problem has surfaced in the last couple of days and is present on both my laptop and desktop.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be would be welcome.

The cameras are:
three DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS running V5.5.82 build 190909 firmware (connected through a switch) and
four DS-2CD2042WD-I running V5.5.82 build 190909 firmware (connected directly to the POE ports on the NVR)

The NVR is a DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A running V3.4.103 build 181226 firmware. Free space on the 2TB drive is showing 0.00GB.

The Webcomponents plugin is v3.0.6.27 on my laptop and v3.0.6.46 on my desktop.

Last edited:
Solution
Did you manage to sort this issue? Are you running a very new release of Kaspersky KIS?

I've just come across the same issue on a very recent re-install of Windows 10 / latest version of Kaspersky 21.**.
I do not have this issue on my laptop that is running the older version of Kaspersky 20.**.

I've traced this to the Port Monitoring under Network Settings. Under monitored ports, 80 for http is active for TCP. Now this should be active, however as a test, disabling it allows playback to work. There has to be something odd with the new version of Kaspersky because you do not really want to disable this rule.

The solution I've found is outside of Kaspersky. If you go back into "Configuration" on the NVR and then "LOCAL", change...
Not sure why your not finding it. I am assuming that when you originally accessed your NVR from a browser for the first time, it wanted to download a small program to aid in live view / playback. I am using either Chrome or Edge.

I see this when I search in Kaspersky.

1611426117468.png

Perhaps your using a different NVR or something?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your kind answer. I am using Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH / A and using Internet Explorer, because on Chrome and Edge it is not possible, or just with modifications. If you mean WebComponents.exe as the small program, yes version 3.0.6.8. is installed. In Kaspersky search for local nothing found, for this reason I can not modify exclusions in order to playback.

Upvote 0
Have you searched on Webcomponents?
Or you could try searching HIK and see if a group comes up. If I search HIK, the group "HANGZHOU HIKVISION DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY" appears but I cannot expand what is under it. Clearing the search and then looking for the group in the list then shows me what is under it. You might find something for webcomponents.
If not, then afraid I cannot help you anymore as I don't use your model of NVR, Internet Explorer or WebComponents.exe. By the fact you are having the same issue means there must be something under those Kasperskey settings that can be amended.

Upvote 0
I have KIS 21.2.16.590b and experienced the same problem. I followed the UDP / TCP suggestion as well as trying setting exclusions on the "localservicecontrol" in KIS but could still not get playback to work, however I have found a solution that works for me so wanted to post in case it assists others.

Firstly, I normally use FF and have various extensions/plugins activated including the KIS one. My fix below still didn't enable Live or Playback view. however using a clean Chrome browser, it did work.

In KIS, Settings > Network Settings. Under Monitored Ports set it to Monitor selected network ports only. then click on Select next to it. A Network Ports dialog box pops up. Deactivate HTTP port 80, click Save on the dialog box and then Save again on the Settings box.

Finally restart the browser. This worked for me.

Upvote 0
Good to have further feedback on the issue, but not sure if disabling monitoring of port 80 is the right thing to do. Surely that means any internet browsing your doing is now bypassing the virus scanner and leaves you open to infection?

Upvote 0
Back