01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New ColorVu 8mp IP Cameras and NVR

What bitrate and fps are you using?
These setting work well for me. Bummer I can’t get H265 to work on my phone without resorting to basic on the app instead of HD

Attachments

• C099AB74-C66C-494E-AEA9-38FAE8972E29.jpeg
    C099AB74-C66C-494E-AEA9-38FAE8972E29.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 165
Yep, same problem here as soon as I enable H265 the live view won't load, it also won't load when I increase the max bitrate to anything higher than 3702 ‍♀️

Yep, same problem here as soon as I enable H265 the live view won't load, it also won't load when I increase the max bitrate to anything higher than 3702 ‍♀️
Do you have an option for H264+?. According to the storage calculator it gives the same sized files as H265. H265+ would give smaller ones which would be ideal

I’m using an iphone. What are you viewing the app on?

Yes I do have the option, I'll enable it when I get home later, hopefully it will work

Seems like we all have issues with the 8mp. I now have skipping in playback in the nvr. My 4mps played back with out fault.

As soon as I got the camera I had issues with green screen on hikconnect in HD. No playback. Slow loading.
Done network porting but app won't connect when doing ddns set up.
I should have just stuck with 4mp. Seems the 8mp is future technology for the ni series or hikconnect. They just aren't ready for it.

I read a post that some one trying to fix the jerky playback updated the nvr and that's when the green screen issues arrived. ( might have been this thread) I'm lost in threads offering advise with yet to find a solution

Yes, mine was OK until I updated the NVR to latest firmware then the screen turned green! Damn!

If jumping back on update clears the green screen it would be a start.

Is the h265+ a worse picture that h265?

I can't use either H265 or H265+ and get Hikconnect to work, all I can use is H264

Just tried viewing mine again in HD but green screen appears. So 20fpm and h265+ changes nothing. Until I can understand why my ddns won't connect then I think it's a software issue with hikvision.

This is really annoying, the quality is worse than the old system I replaced it with.

Wish I'd never updated the firmware now

Back