01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-2CD2x42FWD IP Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, i have DS-2CD2442FWD-IW with firmware V5.4.5 build 170124 but i cannot configure Audio Exception (i want receive push notification over smartphone when baby is crying). The option for Audio Exception is not present. Can someone pls help me?

I just updated the firmware to v5.5.0 on 4 of my cams from v5.4.4, but the 5th cam (similar to the first four) telling it can not install the firmware. Tried now for 4 times and same happens.
Anyone tried this?

Is the problem one also currently on V5.4.4?
If it's on an earlier version try a smaller update step.

Hi Phil. The fiour cams succeeded had same last version 5.4.4 as the version on the one not accepting the update.

Its returning the error code "can not load upgrade process" (my translation from danish error code). Error occurs after loading 8% of the file.
All my cams (DS-2CD2142FWD-I) is connected directly to the nvr. So I can easily live with firmware v5.4.4 as the system works perfect. Just ignoring if not able to have that cam updated to same version as the four others.

Presumably they are all Western Region (not Chinese market) cameras?

Perhaps try updating via the Batch Config Tool?
I have seen reports of that succeeding in these odd scenarios.

It's available here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

all my gear bought from you JAN'16, so should be western region cams ;-)

My cams is connected directly to the NVR where virtual host enabled, and the batch program unfortunately not able to locate the cams. My plan was to connect the cam directly to my pc then for update during the weekend.

However, made today a restore of default parameters, and then tried to load the firmware again, which then accepted/loaded.

So seems the cam was just tired ;-) needing a reset

Last edited:
I have a DS-2CD2342WD-I that's running V5.4.5 170124.
I have searched the portal for a later version but unable to find anything later than this, am I correct to believe that this is the up to date version or am I missing the correct file.

HI, i have DS-2CD2142F-IS with firmware V5.2.5 build 141201. The Serial N. contain "CH" but the interface language is english. I would like to update to a newer firmware version starting from v5.3.0->v5.4.0->... I can't find the firmware v5.3.0 in DOWNLOAD PORTAL . The update to v.5.3.3 brick the camera so i install v5.2.5 using tftp. Can someone pls help me?

HI, i have DS-2CD2142F-IS with firmware V5.2.5 build 141201. The Serial N. contain "CH" but the interface language is english. I would like to update to a newer firmware version starting from v5.3.0->v5.4.0->... I can't find the firmware v5.3.0 in DOWNLOAD PORTAL . The update to v.5.3.3 brick the camera so i install v5.2.5 using tftp. Can someone pls help me?

That's a Chinese model, and i'd be careful because you'll probably kill it with a bad flash. You should have bought from a UK seller that does not sell gray imports.

https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/...s-genuine-or-a-chinese-grey-import-model.767/

iphKB1E.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back