01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-2CD2x42FWD IP Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
Kieran submitted a new resource:

Hikvision firmware update for DS-2CD2x42FWD IP cameras - Hikvision IP camera Firmware V5.3.6

Latest firmware for Hikvision's 4MP IP cameras.

This firmware is for the following models:

DS-2CD2T42WD-I3/I5/I8
DS-2CD2742FWD-I(Z)S
DS-2CD2642FWD-I(Z)S
DS-2CD2542FWD-(I)(W)(S)
DS-2CD2342WD-I
DS-2CD2142FWD-I(W)(S)
DS-2CD2042WD-I
DS-2CD2F42FWD-I(W)(S)
DS-2CD2T22WD-I3/I5/I8
DS-2CD2722FWD-I(Z)S
DS-2CD2622FWD-I(Z)S
DS-2CD2522FWD-(I)(W)(S)
DS-2CD2322WD-I
DS-2CD2122FWD-I(W)(S)
DS-2CD2122FWD-I(W)(S)(C)
DS02CD2022WD-I
DS-2CD2F22FWD-I(W)(S)

Read more about this resource...

We regularly receive reports of people experiencing an image flashing issue with their 4MP Hikvision cameras on v5.3.3 when connecting directly to a Hikvision NVR.

The camera will fade to black or fade to white before reinitialising and fading back in to a clear image multiple times throughout the day, most often at night, triggering motion detection alarms and impacting recordings.

The above firmware, v5.3.6, should resolve the issue for you.

Do keep in mind however that v5.3.6 does reduce the maximum number of intrusion detection and line-crossing detection rules from four down to one, if you use these features.

Hi,
any firmware update for the DS-2CD2432F-IW? This update seems not applicable to that camera model.

Hi,

You're right, the v5.4.0 firmware in this thread would not be applicable to your DS-2CD2432F-IW. This thread is for the R6 series of Hikvision cameras.

There is a version of the v5.4.0 update for the R0 series of 3MP DS-2CD2xx2 cameras available too however. You can pick it up from our firmware update thread or resource page for these models at the below link.
http://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/hikvision-firmware-update-for-ds-2cd2xx2-ip-cameras.444/

Hello,
I am trying to update the firmware on all 4 of my DS-2CD2042WD-I 4MM UK Spec cameras but they come up with upgrading failed. All 4 are currently V5.3.6 build 151105. I have tried the new v5.4.0 from here and even the v5.3.8 first in case it had to go on before the v5.4.0. Any idea's would be most welcome.

Are you trying to update the cameras with a wireless connection? The update very frequently fails if this is the case.
Try a wired connection.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. All cameras are POE connected into a switch and into PC and the PC in hardwired to the router.

Many thanks, for some reason it worked downloading from the portal although the version was the same.

Cheers

New firmware 5.4.3 is online....

Does anybody have a changelog for this new firmware? The .zip file contains the firmware file only...

Release notes for 5.4.3 are online...no special features or video improvements, only two smaller bugfixes.

Kieran updated Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-2CD2x42FWD IP Cameras with a new update entry:

version 5.4.3 build 160902

This is a small firmware update for the 2x22FWD, 2x42FWD and 2x52 R6 series of Hikvision cameras which fixes a couple of bugs.

Little else has changed, so unless these bugs are problematic for you then it's not strictly necessary that you update.
  • Bug fixed: Motion detection, line crossing detection and intrusion detection would perform normally after switching PAL/NTSC standard.

• Bug fixed: The custom prefix Picture Name image would be uploaded to FTP...

Read the rest of this update entry...

As SJS says, v5.4.3 is a very minor update, not a whole lot has changed - Hikvision do recommend you keep everything up to date of course, but you can hold fire on this one if you're running v5.4.0 without issue.

Just had an windows update incl update of IE to version 11.
Experienced that the webcomponent now is not working when accessing NVR or Cams from the browser (IE). Just showing 'No plug in found'. but is not asking for download as usual.
I'm also not able to select any path to the firmware upload (see enclosed screendump). Anyone else experiencing this with IE 11 ?

(Just to verify, I have used and old laptop with an older version of IE and didn't experience same issue - and updated the firmware on my cams from there, so not an Hikvisison (NVR or CAM) issue but more an issue related to my windows/Internet Explorer)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 991
Hi Soren,

i have no issues here...IE11 and newest 5.4.4 firmware. IE asked me to install the new webcomponents plugin.

Regards,
Stefan

Just had an windows update incl update of IE to version 11.
Experienced that the webcomponent now is not working when accessing NVR or Cams from the browser (IE). Just showing 'No plug in found'. but is not asking for download as usual.
I'm also not able to select any path to the firmware upload (see enclosed screendump). Anyone else experiencing this with IE 11 ?

(Just to verify, I have used and old laptop with an older version of IE and didn't experience same issue - and updated the firmware on my cams from there, so not an Hikvisison (NVR or CAM) issue but more an issue related to my windows/Internet Explorer)

Just got it working as before the update. Added the ip address of the NVR and Cams as 'Local Intranet sites' into the Internet options. And turned compatibility view on for the ip address as well. Now it works ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back