01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

POE port problems with my new Hikvision M-series NVR?

Are the 2-bay M-Series units also experiencing these POE port problems?
Fortunately, we don't think so, we haven't seen it on any of the 2 bay models and have supplied quite a few now.
We also have a demo DS-7608NI-M2/8P which has been working well so far with cameras on all POE ports.

There were some bugs with Hik-Connect events / playback on the 2 bay models, but these have mainly been resolved with the recent firmware (V4.61.420_230217) and should be ironed out completely with the next release.

If Hikvision make us aware of more models affected by the POE port issue, I'll share the info here :)
But so far, it only seems to be the 77XX / 4-bay units.

Sorry for the lack of updates since my last post...

Hikvison's UK RMA team has finished testing the NVR that was returned, and both they and their HQ in China have told me they do not believe this is a wider / batch issue.

They were unable to replicate the POE port issues consistently but did see them for a short while when connecting a camera that they found had stability issues - once they removed that camera, everything seemed to correct itself.

They agreed to replace the motherboard of the NVR, and it should arrive back with @John H today to check if the issues still exist with his camera configuration.

While they have been testing that NVR, we have had the DS-2CD7716NI-M4/8P fully loaded with cameras and 4 HDDs, and have not seen any errors at all in the logs - the live streams and recorded footage also look good both on V4.61.420_230217 and V4.63.000_230412, but the POE port issues were evident every time we tested on the earlier firmware.
We've returned this to @John A to try again with too, so hopefully, things will be fine at his end too.

So, we're crossing our fingers that the issues have been resolved...

Thank you Kyle,
I will report back once I'm all set up. If I do get an offending IPC, it will be removed.

Well, here's my update.

I received my NVR back from Hikvision after their period of testing it and replacing the motherboard. I set it up last Sunday afternoon, connecting 9 cameras to PoE ports D1 to D9. I could immediately see there was a massive improvement. The live view was stable on all 9 cameras and today I've been checking the recordings and all of them are continuous without any drop outs at all.

So, it appears to be a successful outcome for me. John A, I hope you have the same success with your machine too.

Whilst inconvenient having to disconnect and return my machine, I cannot fault the help I've received to sort the problem out. Kyle has kept me up to date throughout the whole process which has all been handled professionally. This just goes to emphasize the importance of buying expensive equipment from an established and trusted company who don't disappear once the sale is completed.

Finally, I'd like to pass on my thanks to the forum members who offered their advice and assistance. It's all very much appreciated. Hopefully my problem has been solved now but I'll still log back on here from time to time. My knowledge of IP cameras, NVR's and Networking is very limited compared to some of the members on here but if I'm able to offer any help in the future I'd be more than happy to do so.

Thanks again everyone.

John H.

Thanks for taking the time to update everybody here @John H and again (to both Johns) for being so understanding while we've worked through these problems!

Hopefully, things continue to work as they should, but we can pick everything up again if not.

I'm not sure if your NVR has been updated, but there new V4.63.000 build 230412 firmware can be downloaded here and there were no problems when I updated the NVRs we've been testing here to this version:

new V4.63.000 build 230412 firmware can be downloaded here and there were no problems when I updated the NVRs we've been testing here to this version:
Other than the inability to silence notifications :)...Though with the latest Hik-Connect version you can at least temporarily disable notifications completely with a couple of clicks (which is a big improvement while we await a total fix)

Ah sorry, apart from that, thanks! I should have said no problems with regard to camera stability on the local or web interfaces :)

Ah sorry, apart from that, thanks! I should have said no problems with regard to camera stability on the local or web interfaces :)
No problem - as I've detailed in the other post, the new Hik-Connect version offers half a fix in that you can stop the notifications completely for a time without the need to go into the NVR to uncheck 'notify surveillance center, or (probably easier) the phones app settings to disable them. You can now 'Disarm' rather than 'Silence' - it's not quite as good as the notifications, and clips won't appear in the app at all as they would with 'Silence', but progress nonetheless.

I had the same experience with the 7716NI-M2/16P model today. camera 1 to 6 all 8MP models, very laggy, even the substream, connection loss etc. The cable distance was like 60-70m for all, so i thought mayne thats the issue. My firmware isV4.61.400 build 220728
I could not wait to reply on this post, but have not read all yet. But post 64 seems like its is hardware:(

My issues seem to be resolved since receiving the M unit back from the lads here. I've been running the set up for a few weeks now, I occasionally think I see the counter on the live screen lag but I wonder if I'm just imagining it after all the troubles I had before. Firmware has to be kept up to date.

:)) yeah, after all that lag and disconnects, it could be your hallucinating :)
I did upgrade to latest firmware today, and the problems seem solved

Thanks for starting this thread. i hope it will help others.

When I started this thread there was no firmware upgrade available, The M unit was new out so it was easy to assume there might be a problem with the hardware or with the IPCs compatibility, there was nothing I could do to fix it. Whenever experiencing such problem having tried all possible solutions, it isn't a surprise that someone might be over sensitive when monitoring for weeks after being solved.

We've just installed a 16 POE camera system using DS-2CD2387G2-LU cameras and a fully populated 4x HDD DS-7716NI-M4/16P DVR and my client is reporting the same live view black screens and momentary pauses on certain cameras.

Can I just confirm - is the fix the upgraded firmware or a replacement DVR?

Thanks in advance.

Back