01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR ds-7616ni-k2 showing gibberish user names after a firmware update?

ravvidmachluf

hello, i have 4 NVR ds-7616ni-k2 i just updated 1 for version v4.72 all worked fine in the 1 nvr the update good, but when i tryed to update the sec nvr (same as the first NVR ds-7616ni-k2) i get all installd but after he power on i get in the open window for "username" wrote in "gibberish"
when i try to put my password its not worked tryed to restart it from hikconnect tryed to use tftp - dont know why not working, iam really stuck how i get him to work again and from where came all 19 users thet in there, hope anyone could help thnx.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 08.46.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 08.46.11.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 153
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 18.36.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 18.36.53.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 174
Sorry, I'm afraid we have not got a solution / have not seen this before.
Have you tried switching it off and on again?
Can you access the NVR from a web browser?
Is it now running the latest firmware?

it showes active on sadp, cant show on web for some reason, it now run the last update 4.72.
and again i have 4 nvr wanted to update all 4 one go well with the update and the sec do this so i was stoping from update the rest of the 2 nvr
what can i do? how can i reset thet nvr i cant log in via password even hik connect beacuse all those users popup

Did you try switching it off and on again since this occurred?

thets what iam asking how i can update it again? he go into loop of transmitting, on tftp this is the only way to update? i read the updte via usb from tftp is only frimware under 32M how can i update it again, thx for trying to help

OK I was pointing out that you have updated to a version that is newer than I can find.
That may not be a problem, so long as you have found a newer version that IS correct for your NVRs.
Usually the NVR will not allow you to apply incorrect firmware.

I asked about the prior firmware version, because we do not recommend that you leap too many updates in one step.

The Batch Configuration Tool sometimes enables you to successfully complete a firmware update when other methods fail:

What region of the world are you in?
Please also share a link to where you found that newer firmware version (presumably in your region).
To verify it is a good version / suitable to try again with.

And, for information for upgrading your other NVRs, what was the version of the firmware before updating please?

1 nvr not updated on ver: v3.4.98 build 190510
2 nvr not updated on ver: v3.4.82 build 171214
3 nvr (not working with users dont know where as u know on last ver thet trying to fix

iam, from israel (i get the ver from hikvision global as the site u sent)

thnx on the help man wishh u best

iam afraid it will cause a prob after the 1 i tryed u sure all will be ok with thet frimware?
there is not newer ver for thet nvr? just asking

I asked @Dan to jump-in because he has much more (and more recent) experience at succeeding with problematic firmware updates.

Here is what he shared internally with me before responding to you:

• I don't think he will be able to use UK or EU firmware because the build dates are completely different.
  • He has v3.4.98 build 190510 and the next one after that on the EU portal is V3.4.99 build180324 which was released a year before the older version he is currently running.
  • I'll ask them to try this one update and see if it works or not before linking him to any other firmware.

It is impossible for us to be entirely sure as you are in a different region to us, so please feel free to consult Hikvision Tech Support directly.

i want to try but i cant block my outhers cams like the nvr thet was not working iam afraid it will happend to me 2, can we check first the nvr thet has frimware thet not working?

okay, I'm not sure if you will be able to recover the NVR you have updated to the latest version as you have jumped 5/6 years worth of firmware and this might not be reversible.

One thing you can try is installing Batch Configuration and try downgrading the firmware from the v4.72 firmware to the v3.4.99 firmware.

As I said above, you might be able to recover the NVR using the Batch Configuration Tool.

Back