01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR CCTV

Hi @Dan so i have managed to update the firmware, but i feel the video live view on the HIk connect app still lags - when i change the sound format from G711ulaw to MP3 the audio stops completely. On either format the video does lag....

V5.6.0 build 190507 this is the current firmware - it is the latest one?

Last edited:
V5.6.0 build 190507 this is the current firmware - it is the latest one?

Yes, that is the latest camera firmware, can you check that the NVR is on the latest firmware because @Phil linked you to the v101 firmware a few months ago but there is now another newer version available. (v3.4.103) - HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Hi Dan/Phil,

i have updated the NVR System to firmware V3.4.101 build 181101, whilst the IP Camera is on V5.6.2 build 190604. However, whilst completing this update, the app seems to still be lagging especially when a car goes by? Could you kindly please advice what i could try next?

upate - Do you think the Resolution and fps maybe the reason?

Last edited:
Ah, @Dan here has pointed out my error, sorry.
I grabbed a Hikvision flat-dome that was laying around in the office for the last photo that I uploaded. He has pointed-out to me that the latest flat domes e.g. 2555/2563 now use IR LEDs that are no longer within the camera/lens dome bubble.
They have x2 small IR LEDs placed external to the dome bubble, one either side.
The camera cover has diffuser covers for these LEDs.

Whilst this design change probably solves the potential for internal reflection issues, we are concerned that in use-cases such as yours (where you are mounting the camera horizontally under your soffit and wanting all the IR light to project forwards from the building to the scene) it is likely to render the IR LEDs fairly ineffective i.e. the proportion of IR light going to the scene from your mounting position / orientation is likely to be very small. And, in fact, a great deal of the IR IS going to be bouncing back from the wall and other surrounding surfaces - resulting in the poor images you have seen at night.

Unless you are able to mount the camera to the wall or front of the soffit/fascia (and present the infra-red LEDs pointing forwards to the scene), I don't think that camera model is now going to be suitable for your application and mounting position.

I am sorry, this is a product change development, and yours is the first application where the resulting problems have been presented to us.

I think the two IR LEDs now need to face forwards, to the scene, and effectively the lens needs to be looking through pretty much the crown of the dome bubble.

Sorry, if the camera is therefore not suitable we'd be happy to take it back and refund you.

BTW - @Dan is also running tests with this camera model now in regards to audio capture and playback.

Hi paul,

Are you free to talk some point today? I'm not having great results during night time, I know you kindly offered to accept a return, if this is still plausible would you be able to recommend an alternative product? I also require to turret cameras and would like to discuss with you?

Thanks

Back