01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No longer connecting to HikVision/iVMS after router change?

karansaraf

Hi all

I've got a 3 camera set up with a DS7604NI-K1 NVR. I've changed my router from an Asus to a Ubiquiti and connected everything back up.

No longer able to connect to my camera system on iVMS or the web module.

iVMS is showing the device as active when I search for it but says it already exists when I try to add it. However in the camera window, the cameras have red "stop" signs next to them and won't display the feed.

Any suggestions as to how I need to change my configuration to allow this to work again?

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 13.02.59.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 13.02.59.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,468
Just a quick suggestion.
From the error at the bottom of your screen grab it looks like your NVR is not online. Check in "device management" settings and make sure the ip address, port, subnet mask and gateway are compatible ranges with your new router.

OK so I had to change the DHCP settings, thanks!

It's now active and the cameras are showing as active, but when I try to get the feed to play on the main view screen on ivms, it won't show up. Just grey boxes. The camera thumbnails do show a green "play" icon next to them, but no feed!

I've forwarded the necessary ports (8000, 99, 554, 443) to the NVR on the new router.

??

OK so I had to change the DHCP settings, thanks!

It's now active and the cameras are showing as active, but when I try to get the feed to play on the main view screen on ivms, it won't show up. Just grey boxes. The camera thumbnails do show a green "play" icon next to them, but no feed!

I've forwarded the necessary ports (8000, 99, 554, 443) to the NVR on the new router.

??
On your Configuration page/ Network / platform access page of your NVR does it say online? as this is where you would setup your NVR for remote access using hik-connect. That way you don't need all the port forwarding or DDNS.

Yes the register status says Online. (screenshot provided)

This was as it was set up with the old router. Haven't changed anything. Still can't see the feed in IVMS.

Using Chrome to access the configuration page as I heard Safari was broken? The live view in the browser says "no plugin detected"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 18.37.49.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 18.37.49.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,537
Also, I seem to be able to get remote playback to work in IVMS, but live view still doesn't. Not sure why?

Last edited:
From you screen shot it looks like we maybe on different firmware. If you have a monitor/TV connected to your NVR (HDMI) and you go to the Configuration page/ Network / platform access page, at the bottom you should see a QR code. If you scan this code with the Hik-connect app on your smart phone (open app, press + top right. then select scan QR) it should configure everything for you.

One last thing your ports you mentioned " (8000, 99, 554, 443) " to looks like your HTTP port is 99 i would expect this to be 80 but as I don't know how your system is set i'm not sure how you have configured it.

Hi,

I've tried the above, and I can see my feed on the Hik Connect app using this method. However, I still can't see anything when logged into the browser administration page via Chrome. The live view and playback pages still say " no plug-in detected", whereas previously it used to show my the camera feed live and allow me to play back.

My HTTP port is set to 99 and forwarded to 99.

I bought all my gear from use-IP, can I give them a call to customer service - is this the type of support they provide?

Hi @karansaraf , sorry we lost a couple of days due to problems caused when updating the software for this forum.

As a customer, you can of course call us - Contact Us, contact numbers and address details for use-IP Ltd. ¦ use-IP Ltd

However, this type of issue is complex, we'll need you to send us screenshots of what you are actually seeing.
So, if you are still having a problem, it may be easier to continue here, or drop us an email.

I had the same problem after changing the router with no Internet connection. The router is some distance from the nvr. I plugged the nvr directly into the router and this solved the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back