01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New hikvision camera choice for DS-7608NI-K2/8P

Halfaudio

DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR
Firmware V4.30.011

1)DS-2CD2385FWD-I 8 MP Good and all working.
2) 3mp bullet style hik
Looking for another 4k turret style camera. I feel a bit confused what cameras can I use with this nvr.
AcuSense or ColorVu or standart 4k ?
I would like to have at least the microphone and strobe light. If not at least a mic..

Back garden 25-30m almost pitch black at night except for a single motion detected led flood light (5000k) The light is almost always off because the sensor is picking up maybe 5 meters.. Had somebody trying to open our shed.

The bullet style is annoying because motion detection is getting triggered every 2 minutes...

Any experience or advice will be appreciated :)

Hi @Halfaudio

With the K-Series NVRs such as the one you have, we advise customers to steer clear of any of the ColorVu or AcuSense cameras as they struggle with the new technologies due to the limitations on their hardware - any of the EasyIP 3.0 cameras will work fine.

Phil and Dan's comments in this thread give some detail on why:

Additionally, we have seen issues when these NVRs are used with multiple high-resolution cameras (unless video quality / frame rate settings are dropped), so I would recommend sticking to 4MP/6MP models for any new camera too.

My first choice was this one

DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP​

But the I saw the new tech and I really like them new cameras.

Paid more than 200£ for useless nvr I have read the tread you provided.. I don't understand why can't they just provided in normal language what this is for and what this is not for when you go and select nvr choice...

Could people be experiencing issues with this nvr because of hard drives? Hard drive capabilities directly impacts performance of any device. My canon camera is much slower when I put a slower card in, but whit a top speed card the image processing speed is much faster and there is no delay..

I am using 4tb Seagate SkyHawk I was planning to add another one ,but I am monitoring it, I have read that for some they tend to fail rather quick..

Hasn't anyone successfully set up any AcuSense camera on this type of nvr?

4mp in my opinion is a total waste of time since no court or police will be to use it against the offender. (I have been there with 3mp bullet) Either very good crisp clear image of face is necessary and even then you can struggle to prove anything or forget about it at all and use the cameras for spying on birds and cats or jump out of bed as soon as it beeps..

Sometimes this makes me fell like i should have picked cheaper route like Dahua or any other brand since the oem is still hikvision on a lot of brands

Last edited:
The compatibility issues are not made clear usually, which is why we need to highlight them on our product pages for the K-Series recorders and warn customers/forum users wherever possible, as people are often duped.

The reason the K-Series are still available is that they are fine as a cost-effective recorder built for use with the older camera models, as people not interested in the newer features or high-res models see the extra cost for an I-Series as excessive.

The NVR needs to use certain firmware (only supported by the I-Series hardware) to be able to access any of these new features, as they require a good deal more processing power than the older models. This is why, unfortunately, the issues aren't related to hard drives, and no AcuSense camera will work properly with the NVR that you have.

Back