01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2-8P started to reboot every 15 to 30 minutes?

I am on windows and I can get IE tabs running in Edge, but it's a pain.
The thing is I don't want to view the stream I just want to change the settings.
This is really an unwelcome addition to the firmware.

On camera #3 I am still getting "not enough decoding resource" when I try and view full screen on the NVR.

Hi @HorizonIT

Looking back at your earlier comment in this thread you said that both cameras #1 & #3 were 2385 8MP cameras, is the full-screen issue only impacting one of the 2385 cameras?

Can you share the stream settings for both 2385 cameras?

CCTV-C1-Video.png
CCTV-C3-Video.png

Hi,
Any thoughts on why there is not enough resource?
D1 and D3 have the same settings, D1 will go full screen, D3 will not.
Both were fine before the NVR firmware upgrades.

@HorizonIT - Take a look at the main menu on a monitor connected to the NVR. In the System Settings page there might be an option at the bottom of the page "Enhanced SVC Mode" that is turned on by default - if so turn it off and see if that resolves your issue. It's several years ago but the setting caused similar issues on some revisions of the 4 channel model of that NVR. If you search "enhanced SVC mode" you'll find my original post.

Thanks JB, your suggestion pointed me to a setting "Enhanced Decoding Mode" on the Menu Output in the web interface.
I've switched that off and I can now view the offending camera!
Again, MANY THANKS!

Thanks JB, your suggestion pointed me to a setting "Enhanced Decoding Mode" on the Menu Output in the web interface.
I've switched that off and I can now view the offending camera!
Again, MANY THANKS!
Cool. If you see that original post I made about it; the setting appears to work in reverse of how it’s supposed to. The firmware update added that setting that wasn’t previously there, but switches it on by default. I think it only appears on the B and later hardware revisions and not the original release.

Hi there,

I am having the same problem as the original poster, where my Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 (it does not say 8P though) keeps rebooting every few minutes.

If I unplug the ethernet cable from the only RJ-45 port at the back, there are no reboots. I connect to the NVR through iVMS (V3.4.96 Build 170921) or locally.

Any help? I'm a noob. The setup of the NVR with the cameras was done by an expert, not by me.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I am having the same problem with the original poster, where my Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 (it does not say 8P though) keeps rebooting every few minutes.

If I unplug the ethernet cable from the only RJ-45 port at the back, there are no reboots. I connect to the NVR through iVMS (V3.4.96 Build 170921) or locally.

Any help? I'm a noob. The setup of the NVR with the cameras was done by an expert, not by me.

Thanks!
I had to upgrade the firmware to the latest version, currently running v4.74.200 Build 230522.
Had to do it in stages, the list is earlier in the thread.
Then in Systems Settings > Menu Output > untick Enhanced Decoding Mode

Hi @alfakappa

See below the post @HorizonIT is referring to:
Hi @HorizonIT

I can see you are running quite old firmware, you will see all the available firmware versions for your NVR at the Hikvision Download Portal.

We would definitely recommend updating the firmware as that can fix a number of issues, but as you are so far behind we would recommend updating the firmware one version at a time in the below order:

V3.4.112 build 200604
V4.30.005 build200628 EUI
V4.31.105 build210727
V4.32.110 build211009
V4.71.005 build220524
V4.72.107 build220914

Once you've updated through all of these versions and you are on the latest, let us know if the reboot issue is still there.

Hi @Dan and @HorizonIT,

Thank you so much for the quick replies. Please bare with me as I am a noob at this.

Should I use the online update feature or is there a local one i.e. the files on a USB flash drive connected to the NVR itself?

By using the online feature I'm afraid that I don't have the time to do it, because the NVR keeps rebooting when connected to the rack with the ethernet cable. What will happen if the NVR reboots or shuts down if we have a power outage, while updating?

Hi @alfakappa

If the NVR is rebooting too frequently for you to do the updates via a browser, you will have to download the firmware files onto a USB stick, plug it into the NVR, and update the firmware using a direct monitor (you can unplug the Ethernet cable from the NVR to stop it rebooting while you do the updates).

Hi @HorizonIT

I can see you are running quite old firmware, you will see all the available firmware versions for your NVR at the Hikvision Download Portal.

We would definitely recommend updating the firmware as that can fix a number of issues, but as you are so far behind we would recommend updating the firmware one version at a time in the below order:

V3.4.112 build 200604
V4.30.005 build200628 EUI
V4.31.105 build210727
V4.32.110 build211009
V4.71.005 build220524
V4.72.107 build220914

Once you've updated through all of these versions and you are on the latest, let us know if the reboot issue is still there.

Hi there @Dan,

I tried to download the firmwares from the above mentioned links, but all of them give the error "File path does not exist".

Should I use this link? My NVR model is the DS-7608NI-K2. Which are the correct firmwares for this model?

Hi @alfakappa

That's strange, I'm still able to download from those previous links so I'm not sure why you are getting that error.

You can try downloading the same firmware versions from this folder in the EU portal.

Hi @Dan

I downloaded the first firmware, installed it through USB and the reboots stopped. I didn't continue with the rest of the firmware versions, but I downloaded them in the order you mentioned to keep them in case something happens and they disappear, from the download portal. But, I didn't find firmware V4.31.105 build210727. Do you know where I could find it?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Back