01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Camera Web page issues

Sir Veylance

I've managed to solve one issue with my camera but now have another issue. I have 2 identical cameras and have updated them to the same firmware using the same firmware file. When viewing the camera directly via its IP address in my web browser (Google Chrome running on Windows 10 Home), I get a difference in the webpage and a different set of functions.
The first camera I set up (a few weeks ago now) is this page and I've highlighted the differences on this image:
Camera1.jpg

and my second camera, whose firmware I updated last night is this image:
Camera2.jpg

As can be seen, the firmware etc is the same (and I've deleted my 'personal info' or anything that might identify my specific camera). I also get differences on the bottom bar when in live view (camera 1 on top, camera 2 underneath)
Camera Bar.jpg

I've been through the settings etc on just about every page and the only difference I know of is that camera 1 is set to record on event detection and camera 2 is set to record constantly. On camera 1 you can see it is asking me to download the plugin (which I've done several times and installed it several times, with just one camera loaded in Chrome, with both cameras loaded in Chrome, and just about every permutation I can think of). I'm not sure what else to try as I'm as sure as I can be that both cameras, on the same firmware, should show the same in my browser.

Hi @Sir Veylance

Have you tried clearing the browser cache for both cameras while you are logged into each camera?

If you haven't you can do it by simply pressing Ctrl+F5 on the keyboard whilst on each camera page to refresh it and clear its cache. Individual IP addresses can sometimes hold on to different cached data which may be why you are seeing differences between the cameras.

Yup, have tried that on 2 different computers and also have seen the (different) differences using IE as well as Chrome. I've just tried logging in via IE and on my 'Camera1' I get the (R) on the HikVision (top left) and on Camera2 I don't get the (R). On Camera1 I see the icons above PTZ and General (top right corner) but on Camera2 I don't get the icons, just the letters. Weird!
Also, why can't I see this topic in the HikVision forum list?

Ok, the reason this issue has not been mentioned on the forum is that usually it is fixed by clearing browser cache and you are one of the only cases I can remember where the issue has persisted after clearing the caches, I may have to take this directly to Hikvision support as it may be a glitch in the firmware.

I should also point out that the latest firmware for your 2343 Turret cameras is actually v5.6.4 so I would definitely recommend updating to this latest version and let us know if the differences in the user interface are still there after the update.

Thanks! Firmware now updated to that version - when I did my first update, I only went for the firmware which showed as 'released' as I though the other one was still possibly a beta version. Both cameras now running V5.6.4.

Running commentary to follow!
In IE, I still get an registered trademank symbol against Hikvision and the PTZ and General icons for camera1 and not for camera2, but having just tried (again) a CTRL-F5, it has now sorted the issue Didn't sort the issue in Chrome (which is fully up to date) so I've done a manual cache clear via the settings (which also logged me out of here, so I know it worked!), then a CTRL-F5 and this does seem to have sorted it! Happy days! Problem resolved!

Back