01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HD stream on Hikvision app

DrPhilG

Hi

My system is actually HiWatch but I'm connecting via the Hik-connect app for remote viewing.

On the viewing screen I have 2 options, Basic & HD. My problem is that the app almost never loads up the HD version. It just times out at about 92% and gives a "260015" error.

Is this something I need to adjust on the recorder, the app, or is it just tough luck? I have a 150mbps fibre broadband connection and usually a strong 4g signal on the phone.

Any suggestions?

Step One would be to make sure you have all the latest versions of App and firmware.

Is your ISP 'uplink' speed strong - probably not the cause, but it's not the 150Mbps download speed that matters.

My upload speed at home is around 25-30mbps on average. I do have the latest app. Not sure how to check the camera firmware but I'll investigate.

HD stream doesn't work me either. It either never starts and gives the same error as yours or plays very slowly (1 sec in HD stream takes 2-3 sec) or skips or video freezes while audio still plays from camera.
I even added camera locally to Hik-Connect (via IP address) thinking it may be problem with HIK servers or slow internet. But still the same issue happens. I believe the mobile and tablet I used simply cannot handle so much data (I have HD set to 6MP with high bitrate with codec H265+). But I prefer to have high quality footage recorded rather than HD stream in mobile so I left it that way.

I turned on "Hard-Decode Preferred" in HikConnect and is slightly helped but HD stream is still rather unusable.

Last edited:
Change on camera encoding format to H.264 (without plus). You can also try H.265. The plus (H.264+/H.265+) usually creates problems like that (they use dynamic I-frame).

Thanks @steve1225

I haven't had a chance yet to check the firmware. I'm NHS staff so still at work.

However I noticed tonight that when I'm at home, the HD stream DOES work.

OK I thought, it's because the WiFi signal on my phone is so strong.

But then I turned off my 140mbps up, 30mbps down wifi. Now I'm on a 10 up, 5 down 4g signal, and it also works.

Yet I've almost never managed to connect while out and about.

When You are outside and using P2P Your router must have enabled option called 'uPnP' (or similar). Without this NVR/cam's can't open port for RTSP transmission when You connect over P2P...

Back