01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Facial Recognition only working up close

User123

Hi

I hope someone come help. I have a brand new NVR iDS-7700. I have tried with an AcuSense DS-2CD2386G2-IU with both a 4mm and 2.8mm lense.

I am finding the facial recognition smart event is only firing when someone stands within 2 metres of the camera. You have to get up really close. Am I using the wrong type of camera, or is this likely just a settings issue?

normally, the iDS NVR (Technology inside the NVR) and a normal camera or only the acusense camera (Technology inside the Camera) is enough! For facial recognition you need the face clear and near. Thats not working for far/long ranges! The best thing is with motorzoom, not a static lense like 4mm or 2.8mm. This lenses have a huge angel. If the angel is higher, you loose details! Thats working good for detecting people with facial recognition on doors or shop entrys. So 2-5m is good and maximum! You need a small angel, from 4mm to lower or motorzoom cameras with a small angel! Its like the thermal cameras for fiber detection!

But which recorder do you have? The new DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S are with acusense technology! Maybe you have an old iDS? There are also 1st and 2nd gen iDS recorders! The first gen has no more support, and they are really bad in performance. Use the acusense camera for facial reg, and not the dvr! If you use acusense cameras, a normal NVR is enough, because its like i tell above, the technology is inside the camera!

Thank you for your reply.

I am having trouble finding documentation and videos on what the optimum cameras and focal lengths and distances are. I don't suppose someone can point my in the right direction for youtube videos or hikvision guides on this?

This is from a couple of years ago. Other than saying he is using a dual lense camera at the beginning he doesn't say what model he is using. In his video it seems to be working over a greater distance than what I am getting.

Can you use a picture or a drawing where you wanna use facial reg? Which high has the camera installed? Which angel to the destination view? Both have latest firmware installed? Is it inside or outside? Good light or bad light?

Yeah, there is not much documentation. We got training from hikvision, because we are a german installer. For normal users are not much informations online.

I am using it inside. It is well lit with plenty of daylight. The cameras are 8k and very clear. I am using the processing on the NVR for the facial recognition.

When testing I have had the camera just above head height. Hardly any angle on it, so it is almost face-on.

NVR and cameras have the latest firmware.

Which NVR you really have? Need the correct details! Use the camera for processing to test!

I'm not with the equipment at the moment, but I guess I'll have to try and log in to the camera and see if that detects anything. On the screen the bell icon within the picture comes up and a further distance, but the alarm icon on the screen from the nvr doesn't trigger until closer.

Back