01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Email Setup with Hikvision DS-7604NI

Fadburty

Hi,

I have managed to set up the email notifications on the NVR, even though I have selected attach pictures, no pictures are being sent.

I read somewhere, that it's worth setting up the email notification on the actual IP camera itself. However, when I select "Test" I get the following message "The network Gateway is not configured. And this may cause the failure of email sending"

I'm not sure what else I can do. I have selected the less secure apps on Google.

Attachments

• NVR Email settings.jpg
    NVR Email settings.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 399
  • IP Camera Error message.jpg
    IP Camera Error message.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 356
  • IP Camera.jpg
    IP Camera.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 379
  • NVR Software.jpg
    NVR Software.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IP Camera Software.jpg
    IP Camera Software.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 355
Set it up on the NVR.

Since you are using Gmail, have you enabled "less secured services?"

Hi, thanks for he reply.

I have set it up on the NVR. The email comes through without any attachment of the picture....also I have enabled less secured services.

Sorry, I didn't read your post very closely. I thought receiving the actual emails was the problem.

It's been over a year since I set mine up, but I recall running into similar problems. I now use the Hik Connect app and it's been working fine for quite some time. Might want to look into that.

Sorry, I didn't read your post very closely. I thought receiving the actual emails was the problem.

It's been over a year since I set mine up, but I recall running into similar problems. I now use the Hik Connect app and it's been working fine for quite some time. Might want to look into that.

Hi, I'm using the Hik Connect app too.

Yesterday I was receiving the emails without the attachment's

Not sure what I'm doing wrong considering I'm following the procedures.

I have read somewhere that the IP camera should be connected to the internet independently without the NVR?

Last edited:
Have you set the gateway (your router's IP address) in the NVRs network settings?

It easily slips under the radar as it is called 'IPv4 Default Gateway' in the settings.

Have you set the gateway (your router's IP address) in the NVRs network settings?

It easily slips under the radar as it is called 'IPv4 Default Gateway' in the settings.

Hi

I have doubled check and the Default gateway has the routers ip address - I receive the emails. I just don't get photo attachments.

Thanks

I have rebooted the NVR numerous times to no success.

I am recieving the emails but just no picture attached.

Hi Phill,

So once I have setup the POE injector it seems like I am recieving emails with picture attachments for Motion sensor. Result!

So it seems like the appliances are happy to comply when the IP camera has its own connection to the internet really.

However, for Line Crossing and Intrusion detection I receive the emails, however, no picture attachments! Any suggestions....?

Back