01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

does a hikvision camera work on a hilook nvr?

julian toon

im thinking of using a( hik vision) 8mp bullet camera with motorised zoom high on a building looking down on a dead end street
but our nvr is hilook
regards
julian toon

Hi @julian toon

The information we have had from Hikvision before is that HiLook cameras will work on a Hikvision NVR, but Hikvision cameras will not work on a HiLook NVR.

Hi @julian toon

You don't state which NVR you have but I have the HiLook NVR-104MH-C and currently have two ColorVu DS-2CD2347G2-LU connected to it and working ok
They were connected via plug and Play and the cameras were instantly recognised and activated.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've also got two Hikvision cameras on my very basic shed Hilook NVR - they're working fine for recording, but the smart monitoring like 'Intrusion' 'Line crossing' etc. Only work on two out of four cameras connected at any one time. I'd question whether a Hilook NVR would be up to the job of using the full potential of an 8mp camera though. If you lowered your sights to say a 2 or 4mp camera that might be more suitable to use with what you already have.

Hi @julian toon

You don't state which NVR you have but I have the HiLook NVR-104MH-C and currently have two ColorVu DS-2CD2347G2-LU connected to it and working ok
They were connected via plug and Play and the cameras were instantly recognised and activated.

Hope this helps.
Hi @lanc

I have the NVR-104MH-C4/P with 2 HiLook cameras and was looking to put a ColorVu DS-2CD2347G2-LU on there to replace one of them.
Could you let me know if all the features for this camera work ok (smart motion detection, ability to turn white light off etc). Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks, CV

Hi @lanc

I have the NVR-104MH-C4/P with 2 HiLook cameras and was looking to put a ColorVu DS-2CD2347G2-LU on there to replace one of them.
Could you let me know if all the features for this camera work ok (smart motion detection, ability to turn white light off etc). Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks, CV

The two 4MP ColorVu cameras worked fine with the 104MH-C4/P
Smart events worked fine (intrusion detection, line crossing detection), I had far, far less false alarms than with the D150H camera's basic motion detection.
All the ColorVu camera's advanced features are accessible by logging directly into the camera via Virtual Host.

I've recently upgraded the NVR to an 8 channel M series as I want to add a fifth camera so unfortunately cannot do any testing for you.

Last edited:
Thank you what you have written here, it was very helpful to me personally. I have 3 Hikvision cameras and I used those with the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software. I had previously Amcrest cameras. With those it was easy to record a video triggered by motion.

With the iVMS-4200 I managed to record pictures recorded by motion, but no video recording triggered by motion.The only device which supports this which I could find where Hikvision NVR recorders. I did a search on eBay for Hikvision recorders, found one and bought one.

When the recorder arrived and I opened it, I was suprices. The UK seller did not send me a Hikvison recorder but a HiLook recorder. Did he send me the wrong product? I googled for it and found the information that Hilook is by Hikvison, so the seller was not wrong. But then I found the information here in the forum which says:

Forum administrator Dan:

«The information we have had from Hikvision before is that HiLook cameras will work on a Hikvision NVR, but Hikvision cameras will not work on a HiLook NVR»

What I have read here gave me some hope. The recorder I bough on eBay was:

«Hiwatch of Hikvision 6TB MAX 4 channel 1080P HD 2MP TVI/AHD/CVI/CVBS CCTV DVR-204G-F1»

The Hikvision camera I made tests with was from eBay as well:

«Hikvision 2MP PoE EXIR2.0 WDR H.265+ motion detectin IP-camera DS-2CD1123G0E-I

I bought both products from UK sellers and I live in Switzerland.

I used the SADP tool installed on my PC to activate it. And then I was able to use the web interface of the camera with a chrome browser and saw, that the camera was working. Then i tried to pair the camera to my Hiwatch of Hikvision recorder. The user interface is difficult. I managed to pair the camera to the Hiwatch recorder, but the live view was always black.

I was near to sell this recorder and buy a new one according to the above information. Then I have read closely this thread. From the information I found I made a hard reset of both camera and recorder and tried to pair it directly but it did not work. So I activiated it once more with the web user interface.I was able to pair it again to the recorder. But again only a black screen in the live view of the camera.

Suddenly, the recoder recorded motion but did not show a picture. And suddently from the preview I saw the picture from the camera, but not in the live view. Then I saw that there is a drop-down menu from where I had to choose the camera. Then the live view was there. I do not what exactly works and what not, but motion detection seemed to work spontenously.

I really suffered when I wanted to buy a Hikvision recorder on eBay and the seller sent me a Hilook recorder by Hikvision instead. With the information which can be found here in the forum:

«The information we have had from Hikvision before is that HiLook cameras will work on a Hikvision NVR, but Hikvision cameras will not work on a HiLook NVR»

I really miss a proper declaration of this fact from Hikvision with all HiLook products, as well as a proper declaration from sellers.

This missing information caused me a lot of work, and I still do not know what exactly works and what does not work. I never whould have bought a HiLook NVR if I had the information which is written here in this thread.

Sorry, only the Hiwatch of Hikvision recorder was from an UK seller, but the

Hikvision 2MP PoE EXIR2.0 WDR H.265+ motion detectin IP-camera DS-2CD1123G0E-I

camera is from a Chinese seller. But I bought both products on eBay. But still I miss this information from sellers about Hiwatch recroders.

Thanks for sharing your information here in this thread,

I was able to get motion detection to work correctly with my Hikvision camera and my Hilook recorder which I mentioned above. It records video on motion detection, this is what I bought the recoder for. The Hilook Vision client software works also with it on my on my PC and i can watch the recorded videos on my PC. This is what I bought the recorder for, only for this basic functionality, it works in this configuration and I have nothing to complain about this setup.

May this information here help others who are looking for information about this topic.

The

Hiwatch of Hikvision 6TB MAX 4 channel 1080P HD 2MP TVI/AHD/CVI/CVBS CCTV DVR-204G-F1»

recorder with the Hikvision camera:

«Hikvision 2MP PoE EXIR2.0 WDR H.265+ motion detectin IP-camera DS-2CD1123G0E-I

works, but it’s very basic. It is the cheapest combination of Hikvision camera and recorder I found on eBay. On the Hilook Vision client software I currently can only see the live video, but not the motion detection videos. But I can see the motion event list. Also from the camera I am not able to see the hard drive of the recorder. I have got also a Hikvision DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 which offers more functionality than the above camera I tested, but I did not test it yet with the Hilook recorder.

good news, motion is detected from my Hikvision camera, the Hilook recorder records a video triggered by the motion detection, and I can remotely see this video which is recorded on the Hilook recorder on my Hilook app .

Back