01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Disarming my ColorVu camera's audible alarm?

Can you please try it out and let us know? Im selling my current NVR and getting a new one, and hikvision's website is severely lacking regarding this feature.

Btw, I'm assuming the feature works the same way on M-series & NXI-K, right?

Found this in release notes for NXI-K:

View attachment 9855
Yeah that’s pretty much how it should work but as described earlier in post 31 ‘Disarmed’ disables alarm events (no clips available in app). Also it would be better if ‘Arm silently’ disabled Hik-Connect alarm push. That would mean the event clips were available in the app but there would be no audible push notifications. As it stands, if you stop the audible push notifications (‘Disarm’) you’ve also lost the event clips on the app.

I’ll just accept it as a feature that doesn’t work for now.

Can I ask which app you are using? I've got the Hik-Connect app on my iphone but it doesn't look like this, and it doesn't have these 'arm' or disarm options. I have the 7604-NXI-K1 with the DS-CD2387G2-LSU

Can I ask which app you are using? I've got the Hik-Connect app on my iphone but it doesn't look like this, and it doesn't have these 'arm' or disarm options. I have the 7604-NXI-K1 with the DS-CD2387G2-LSU
Have you updated NVR to latest firmware? DS-7604NXI-K1

No, 'Live Guard' specifically pertains to the camera's built-in functionality, which is a hardware feature enabling events like motion detection and object crossing to trigger the integrated siren and strobe light present in models with the ending LSU/SL and ISU/SL. As far as I can recall, the customization you're inquiring about would typically involve a customized firmware that allows for the zoning of alarms. However, it's unlikely that you'll require this customization. You should be able to configure your camera to link specific events to activate the siren and/or strobe directly through the camera's settings. If you're using Hik-Connect and are logged in, you will also have the capability to manually trigger the siren and strobe using the app.

No, 'Live Guard' specifically pertains to the camera's built-in functionality, which is a hardware feature enabling events like motion detection and object crossing to trigger the integrated siren and strobe light present in models with the ending LSU/SL and ISU/SL. As far as I can recall, the customization you're inquiring about would typically involve a customized firmware that allows for the zoning of alarms.
It does. However there are now multiple NVRs and DVRs where it's possible to split the cameras into zones, arm and disarm the zones and arm the zones silently (disabling the strobe/siren where present). That functionality is in Hik-Connect and the firmware is standard release not customised. You don't have to have Live Guard (ISU/SL, LSU/SL) cameras to use the functionality; you just need a model of DVR/NVR that Hikvision has added the functionality to.

Hi Guys,
If these steps don't resolve the problem and you're advised or find it necessary to reset the camera, it might be a good idea to reset both the camera and NVR to their default settings, However, before doing so, ensure you have backups of any important configurations or settings, as resetting will erase all current settings.

Resetting the devices should generally be considered as a last resort when troubleshooting, but if it's required, having backups will make the process of reconfiguring much smoother.

Back