01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Disarming my ColorVu camera's audible alarm?

Ohhh ok, I thought "Use device AI" was meant for camera AI (device=camera imo) like I said interface are quite confusing.
I first bought the camera to test AcuSense and ColorVu, I really like it so recently I bought the NVR, so yes, camera was already configured. and the I adde the NVR.
So not looking forward to it but I will reset the camera, do I really have to reset both? If you think it's better I'll just do it.
I edited my post. If you delete configured areas and disable the events, turn off the switch and save you can avoid resetting (I was a bit hasty)

You're not wrong about the "Use Device AI" button - it should say "Camera" or "NVR", it's ridiculously confusing and I've made the same assumption as you previously. In the NXI-K series it is clearer with VCA Mode "By Camera/By NVR":

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 10.25.57.png

Whereas in the NXI-I series confusingly it shows:

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 10.30.10.png

When you've deleted, disabled, switched off the 'Enable AI by Device' switch and saved go to the following page. Configuration > System > VCA Configuration. In the example below I'm using the NVR AI for one older camera that doesn't have AcuSense. In your setup with the switch off, The AI Engine should not be running and should have no linked cameras.

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 10.32.54.png

Last edited:
JB, Thanks you, busy day yesterday, I did not have time to look into that.
I will try to do this today or tomorrow,

What I'm planning to do, Clear the NVR engine of the NVR like you said, and factory reset the camera.
Can I configure the "new" camera directly within the NVR then? No via SADP tool?

What about His connect? start form scratch too?

Any opinion about choosing between motion detection and intrusion detection?

Thx

JB, Thanks you, busy day yesterday, I did not have time to look into that.
I will try to do this today or tomorrow,

What I'm planning to do, Clear the NVR engine of the NVR like you said, and factory reset the camera.
Can I configure the "new" camera directly within the NVR then? No via SADP tool?

What about His connect? start form scratch too?

Any opinion about choosing between motion detection and intrusion detection?

Thx
There’s probably no need to reset the camera so long as you alter settings via the NVR going forward. If you do choose to reset it, you shouldn’t need SADP tool if the camera is connected directly to the NVR. If the port is set to plug and play it’ll add automatically.

Hik-Connect should be fine. It should only be setup on the NVR (not the camera) if the camera is connected to the NVR PoE port (as the camera has no direct access to the internet)

Motion detection vs intrusion. Try motion detection to start with (I usually set for Human only and lower the default sensitivity from 80 to 40 (or even 20). If you find you get too many false triggers, Inrusion is more configurable.

Goodmorning,
So I took the time to totally reset the camera and then reset the NVR (exept IP and user parameter).
I did not touch any setting on in the camera interface.
And still I get this message (not enough resource...)
And yes Enable AI by devices untiked
Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 10.50.40.png

What should I enable in this screens to have His connect notification, audible warning and flash light, knowing I want to disarm this by NO contact on input 1 of the NVR? are those 2 screen correct? Because I have the warnings and flashlight, but the are NOT disable when the alarm input 1 is open.
Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 10.48.45.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 10.44.18.png

To delete the previous configuration in the NVR AI engine you can't just untick the box. As I explained previously, while the box is ticked you have to delete the intrusion area and line crossing areas and disable them, only can you then untick the use device AI and save.

The options look to be correct on the other two screens.

I'm out of ideas for you unfortunately. I don't have that specific model to test with and it looks like you have still got events running on the NVR AI engine. You would not see that 'not enough resource' message otherwise as there would be no resource at all in use with it disabled.

JB,

OMG I'm ashamed, I wired the wrong wires for input1, so arming-disarming works now!
But I still have that not enough resource message, strange, I did all you said. clear areas, disable everything.
At the moment I only have motion detection as event. Strange.

Hikvision I great hardware at the first sight, but the interface is really bad.

You told me not to touch the settings of the camera in the camera interface, but for the picture (image) adjustment the NVR is really limited.
Can I just the imagine the camera interface without being afraid to create problems again?

JB,

OMG I'm ashamed, I wired the wring wires for input1, so arming-disarming works now!
But I still have that not enough resource message, strange, I did all you said. clear areas, disable everything.
At the moment I only have motion detection as event. Strange.

You told me not to touch the settings of the camera in the camera interface, but for the picture(image) adjustment the NVR is really limited.
Can I joust the imagine the camera interface without being afraid to create problems again?

I think it's just the order that you've disabled/deleted things. Both the camera and the NVR have the AcuSense facility. So using Intrusion detection as an example, there are two configurations:

- with 'Use Device AI' OFF - you are using the AcuSense from the camera
- with 'Use Device AI ON - you are using the AcuSense (AI) in the NVR (and this is processed in the NVR AI Engine)

At some point you have configured Intrusion (or line crossing) with 'Use Device AI ON'. When you turn the switch off it appears to delete the intrusion area you set up; but it hasn't - it's just put it to the background and it is still in the AI Engine configuration. You can't delete the configuration for events that were configured while the switch was On when it is switched Off.

Try this and do it in exactly in this order, do not deviate! :
  1. In the NVR go to Intrusion detection for the camera and temporarily turn ON 'Use Device AI' and save
  2. Clear the Intrusion Detection area and save
  3. Turn off Intrusion Detection and save
  4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for Line Crossing (in case you've added anything there) and also Motion Detection
  5. Turn OFF 'Use Device AI' and save
  6. If you have any other cameras connected to the NVR repeat steps 1 to 5 for the other cameras
  7. Go to Configuration > System > VCA Configuration. There should be nothing running (sometimes it takes a little time for it to shutdown)
With all of the above completed you should be able to set your event(s) up again for the camera without restriction. It should be possible to use Motion Detection, Line Crossing, Intrusion Detection simultaneously as with the 'Use Device AI' switch off, the camera does all of the processing.

I'd have to disagree there. As I've said before on the forum, these cameras and NVR's are professional products not intended for installation by consumers/end users.

You told me not to touch the settings of the camera in the camera interface, but for the picture(image) adjustment the NVR is really limited.
Can I joust the imagine the camera interface without being afraid to create problems again?

Set everything you can on the NVR. If there are additional settings on the Camera that are not available for adjustment on the NVR you can set those but do not adjust on the camera.

I'm planning on getting NVR 7616NXI-I2 (c) and Live-Guard cameras. Does the latest firmware on this NVR allow Area/Region Arm/Disarm option in Hik-Connect app - as shown in their promotional video?

I'm planning on getting NVR 7616NXI-I2 (c) and Live-Guard cameras. Does the latest firmware on this NVR allow Area/Region Arm/Disarm option in Hik-Connect app - as shown in their promotional video?
I can't tell from the firmware as there are no release notes that indicate the feature has been added. It is available on the NXI-K recorders but they are newer than the NXI-I. If you're getting Live Guard cameras - they have the AcuSense feature built in so you'd be better off with the 7616NI-M2

It is available on the NXI-K recorders but they are newer than the NXI-I. If you're getting Live Guard cameras - they have the AcuSense feature built in so you'd be better off with the 7616NI-M2
I read on pinned thread that NXI-K is newer hardware launched last year. However, the same post listed it as having less decoding performance than NXI-I. Should I just get NXI-K then? Btw, IIRC, promotional material for LiveGuard state that only I series NVRs would get Arm/Disarm feature. Are you 100% sure its in NXI-K as well? The one being explained in this video:

Have a couple of existing 4MP cameras that don't have AcuSense so was hoping to get the Live-Guard feature + add Human detection with NXI-I.

I read on pinned thread that NXI-K is newer hardware launched last year. However, the same post listed it as having less decoding performance than NXI-I. Should I just get NXI-K then? Btw, IIRC, promotional material for LiveGuard state that only I series NVRs would get Arm/Disarm feature. Are you 100% sure its in NXI-K as well? The one being explained in this video:

Have a couple of existing 4MP cameras that don't have AcuSense so was hoping to get the Live-Guard feature + add Human detection with NXI-I.
It's a little confusing TBH. For a time there was a 'custom' version of I series firmware that had the feature. But if you updated that customised version to a new version, it would be gone. Live guard generally refers to the audio and light alarm on LSU/SL and ISU/SL cameras.

They've now started adding 'areas' to various models. I update a customers DS-7604-NI/K1/4P to 4.74.005 the other day and he now has the 'areas' where you can 'arm', 'disarm', or 'arm silently':

IMG_5507.jpeg

Arm - Enables push notifications, events and audio/strobe light alerts for the specific area (so long as the audio/strobe alarms are within their time schedule)
Arm Silently - Same as arm, but the audio/strobe light alerts are disabled (annoyingly it does not disable the push notification)
Disarm - No events, no push notifications

I have the M series and also have the function, I've created areas 'Front', 'Drive', 'Garden' containing each locations cameras (as shown in pic).

The K series does have less decoding performance - I wouldn't use it (personally) if you're going to use 8MP cameras and/or record real time (25 frames per second) as you'll exceed the incoming bandwidth.

The individual arming/disarming of areas is a separate feature to Live Guard. If you need the AcuSense features for some of your existing cameras then the NXI (or iDS) models are needed. If you just want the individual arming/disarming or areas, then any model that has firmware updated to include the feature will do that but get the model with the best performance that you can.

So I tried your suggestion about Muting notifications on Hik-Connect app after removing notification/alarm/intrusion detection etc settings in Camera, and only having them in NVR. It works, however, it does have a downside. The notifications are still queued to the app, its just that camera light doesn't flash and phone doesn't ping constantly. I still had to delete notifications in the app manually. Another issue is obviously, I can't arm NVR/Cameras as per my need. E.g. some days we sleep early, some days late. If I know we won't be going outside after 9, then it'll be really nice to have the Arm button to enable the camera intrusion detection.

It's a little confusing TBH. For a time there was a 'custom' version of I series firmware that had the feature. But if you updated that customised version to a new version, it would be gone. Live guard generally refers to the audio and light alarm on LSU/SL and ISU/SL cameras.

They've now started adding 'areas' to various models. I update a customers DS-7604-NI/K1/4P to 4.74.005 the other day and he now has the 'areas' where you can 'arm', 'disarm', or 'arm silently':
Going through other threads, I'm starting to wonder if its I-series is being phased out (EOL), Hikvision just won't bother adding the feature to NXI series as well. NXI K2 being newer hardware gets the Arm/Disarm option, strange though that normal K-series is getting that feature as well.

The K series does have less decoding performance - I wouldn't use it (personally) if you're going to use 8MP cameras and/or record real time (25 frames per second) as you'll exceed the incoming bandwidth.

The individual arming/disarming of areas is a separate feature to Live Guard. If you need the AcuSense features for some of your existing cameras then the NXI (or iDS) models are needed. If you just want the individual arming/disarming or areas, then any model that has firmware updated to include the feature will do that but get the model with the best performance that you can.
TBH, I don't see myself getting 8MP cameras as currently 4MP seems decent enough, maybe 6MP. Or I might just hold on to NVR upgrade for a while till we get this firmware issue sorted out. Maybe another few months and we'll have a clearer picture of where Hikvision is headed with this Area Arming/Disarming feature.

@Kyle Can you check with hikvision if they plan on adding Live Guard Area arming/disarming feature to NXI-I or NXI-K series?

@jpcolin Have you tried updating your NXI's firmware. Do you see the Arm/Disarm option now?

Awesome!
@LoinKing area arming/disarming is already on NXI-K firmware now. I used it last Wednesday on anew installation.
Just to confirm, currently this feature is available only on NXI-K and Not on NXI-I?

I have DS-7616NI-K2 updated to firmware 4.74.200_230522 (international version) but no Arm/Disarm areas

Does the Area arming/disarming work only with ISU/SL, LSU/SL & LISU/SL variants or with all recent AcuSense cameras?
All cameras. It’s just enabling and disabling push notifications and events. Rather than doing that globally in Hik-Connect as you’ve always been able to do, ‘Areas’ allows you to group cameras into zones. That enables you to switch notifications and events on/off per zone (or camera)

All cameras. It’s just enabling and disabling push notifications and events. Rather than doing that globally in Hik-Connect as you’ve always been able to do, ‘Areas’ allows you to group cameras into zones. That enables you to switch notifications and events on/off per zone (or camera)
Just to clarify, currently when I mute notifications for NVR in HikConnect, it only stops Push Notifications etc But all events still show up on HikConnect notification tab (if events were generated).

1. Does the Area disarming also silently generate event notifications in the background?

2. Lets say I've set the camera smart events to start at midnight, then even if I Arm NVR through Hikconnect at 7pm, the events won't be generated until midnight?

1. Does the Area disarming also silently generate event notifications in the background?
Thats the million dollar question…On my M series Disarm also stops the background event notifications as it should if it’s disarmed. Arm silently I’d expect to get no notifications but still receive events in the background but that’s not the case - audible push notifications are still received and the ‘silently’ appears only to mute live guard cameras. YMMV

2. Lets say I've set the camera smart events to start at midnight, then even if I Arm NVR through Hikconnect at 7pm, the events won't be generated until midnight?
Good question. That’s what I’d expect - that the ‘arming’ would enable the schedule. I’ve not tried it so can’t confirm.

Thats the million dollar question…On my M series Disarm also stops the background event notifications as it should if it’s disarmed. Arm silently I’d expect to get no notifications but still receive events in the background but that’s not the case - audible push notifications are still received and the ‘silently’ appears only to mute live guard cameras. YMMV

Good question. That’s what I’d expect - that the ‘arming’ would enable the schedule. I’ve not tried it so can’t confirm.

Can you please try it out and let us know? Im selling my current NVR and getting a new one, and hikvision's website is severely lacking regarding this feature.

Btw, I'm assuming the feature works the same way on M-series & NXI-K, right?

Back