01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Disarming my ColorVu camera's audible alarm?

oil

I have the 8MP Colorvu DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and I set up the audible output to give a speech warning for line crossing events in my driveway after midnight. It's to deter thieves who break into cars at night as it happens often here.

It's been fine for a few days but we had an issue last night where somebody mistakenly came to our house instead of a neighbours so it was inconvenient to have the audible warning repeatedly going off for a false alarm. I also thought that there may be the odd occasion where I will come home late and wouldn't want the audible warning to go off for me so I was just wondering if there is some easy way to disarm this?

The only thing I can think of to do is to set the alarm to a time zone, so that it only sounds at certain times of the day when the virtual barrier is crossed.

It was already on the time zones (after midnight till morning) but I just needed to figure out how to disable it for certain occasions like if I was going to come home late during that time. I realised we can disable the notifications through the Hik-Connect app and that also disables the siren/audible alarm feature which is handy.

In the Hik-Connect app just click the bell icon and it will disable notifications and audible alarm/strobe light on the camera. Click it again to re enable them.

Live-Guard is the answer but you need a specific NVR
Google: hikvision Live-guard
No you don't. I install these regularly and have had live guard cameras since they were introduced on multiple NVRs.

The only thing you may find is that on older NVRs the alarm linkage options may be missing from the local menu interface when programming (though they're certainly there on K, I and M series models on newer firmware).

Apologies I just saw this post now! Is this Youtube video basically what Live-guard is? Where it will activate the voice and lights?

Apologies I just saw this post now! Is this Youtube video basically what Live-guard is? Where it will activate the voice and lights?
Yes there's additional linkage options so that an event can be linked to trigger the strobe light and/or the siren. It's also possible to play a voice message instead of the siren and there's the ability to upload custom audio to use.

Hello,

I just installed my NVR 7616NXI-I2 (c), at the moment I only have 1 IP Cam 2cd2387G2-LSU/SL.
I was looking to enable Live Guard but it seems it needs a specific firmware. Is that right?
I only found an old firmware from 2021 DZ_K51_ML_STD_V4.40.010_210319.zip
Is this the latest and is it the right one for my NVR?
Because it is in the 01 category

I was looking to enable Live Guard but it seems it needs a specific firmware. Is that right?
No. 'Live Guard' just refers to the cameras functionality which is in the hardware, enabling events (motion, like crossing etc) to trigger the inbuilt siren and strobe light that the models ending LSU/SL and ISU/SL have. From memory what you're looking at is a customised firmware that allowed zoning of alarms and it would be unlikely you'd need that. You should just be able to set your events to link to the siren and/or strobe on that camera. If using Hik-Connect and logged in you'll also be able to manually trigger the siren and strobe from the app.

The latest firmware for your recorder can be found on its product page on the Hikvision UK website (which is now the preferred source over the portal, at least for current models). This looks to be your model here?:

Latest camera firmware here:

From the video's I saw, and the tests I did, I don't have a real live guard functionality.
What I want to do I arm the strobe, the sound notification and the push notifications when I'm away from home. and disarm when I'm home.
At the moment it is nog possible in the the iOs app.
Furthermore in the Live Guard documentation, I can even arm the system via the alarm input of the NVR (NO contact), which means I can link it with an output of my alarm system. So that when arming my alarm system, Live guard is armed at the same time. And disarmed when my alarm system is disarmed. Perfect security system imo!

The problem I see now I that the customised firmware is for the NI and not NXI version of the 7616.
Anyone tested this firmware on a NXI?

Furthermore in the Live Guard documentation, I can even arm the system via the alarm input of the NVR (NO contact), which means I can link it with an output of my alarm system.
That functionality should be there and you just enable it on input 1 of the NVR. Though from memory it will disable the push notifications as well as the sounder/strobe. It’ll work similar to the enable/disable bell icon in the Hik-Connect app.

If you take a look at the alarm inputs in the settings can you see the 'One Key Disarming' option for Alarm Input 1? You can find it in either the local menu or from a web browser. The image below is from my M series NVR but it's the same on the I series and should also be there on the NXI. One key disarm has been an option for some time and possibly pre dates Live Guard.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 20.00.40.png

It's easy enough to test. Enable the option, pop a bit of wire in Input 1 and another in G with ends already stripped. Configure an alarm with a strobe event and check if you get the strobe or not. Then short the wires and test it again.

Last edited:
The problem I see now I that the customised firmware is for the NI and not NXI version of the 7616.
Anyone tested this firmware on a NXI?
Just noticed that comment. Firmware is always platform specific and the I series uses completely different firmware. At best it won't load but at worst you'll brick your NVR. From what you've described no special firmware is required.

That functionality should be there and you just enable it on input 1 of the NVR. Though from memory it will disable the push notifications as well as the sounder/strobe. It’ll work similar to the enable/disable bell icon in the Hik-Connect app.

If you take a look at the alarm inputs in the settings can you see the 'One Key Disarming' option for Alarm Input 1? You can find it in either the local menu or from a web browser. The image below is from my M series NVR but it's the same on the I series and should also be there on the NXI. One key disarm has been an option for some time and possibly pre dates Live Guard.

View attachment 9188

It's easy enough to test. Enable the option, pop a bit of wire in Input 1 and another in G with ends already stripped. Configure an alarm with a strobe event and check if you get the strobe or not. Then short the wires and test it again.
I did the test and it does not work!

Just noticed that comment. Firmware is always platform specific and the I series uses completely different firmware. At best it won't load but at worst you'll brick your NVR. From what you've described no special firmware is required.
From all the video and docs I have read, it seems it needs a specific firmware.
I only have the bell in His-connect and that is used to mute the notification, strobe and alarm message are still active.
Arming with input 1 does not work either.

I don't have any arm/disarm button on the app.
NVR and Camera are on the latest firmware.

From all the video and docs I have read, it seems it needs a specific firmware.
I only have the bell in His-connect and that is used to mute the notification, strobe and alarm message are still active.
Arming with input 1 does not work either.

I don't have any arm/disarm button on the app.
NVR and Camera are on the latest firmware.
You shouldn't need any specific firmware but you do need set the linkage actions that you want the arm/disarm input to disable. For Input 1:

1. Select the One Key Disarm radio button for Alarm Input 1 and save
  2. Select the linkage method tab for Alarm Input 1 and check the box for each element that you want the input to arm/disarm when it changes state. From the help file:
Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 22.20.41.png

In the example below Input 1 would arm/disarm the buzzer and the audio and light alarm for all alarms, while leaving everything else operational. By default all of the linkage actions are deselected, so input 1 when set to arm/disarm looks to have no effect until you tick the things you want it to disable (at least that's how I'm interpreting it)

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 22.21.56.png

Apologies if you've already tried all of the above.....

One thing regarding customised/special versions of firmware. If you use a customised firmware that's what you're stuck with. It doesn't get updated so you either stay on that version permanently or lose the customisation when you update the firmware to the normal version.

Last edited:
Hi,

Got up this morning full of hope ;-) but still no go. I tried what you said.
But maybe the first link is to understand the basis for me:

- Difference between Basis Event and Smart Event. I seems Intrusion detection does not work so good, I have more success with motion detection.
Any advice on which one to use? The goal I protecting the garden back yard (and front yard in the future with more cameras, this is still a test setup)

- How (where to configure) the events and the linkage, should I do this in the camera setup or in the DVR setup?

Here are some screenshots. It seems so easy, but in fact it's not, and it confusing to be able to configure things (sometime different thing in the camera and in the NVR)

Camera: DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL (c) V5.7.13 build 230403
NVR: DS-7616NXI-I2 / S (c) V4.62.205 build 230220

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 09.09.44.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 09.24.11.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 09.24.32.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 09.24.32.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 09.24.32.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 195
OK - I thought you were just needing to get one key arming/disarming working but appears that you need to fully set the system up. I imagine you've been altering settings on both the NVR and camera.... you should've left the camera alone and just carried out the settings in the NVR.

Another issue looking at the image is that you may have activated events both in the camera and the NVR AcuSense Engine. You would use the camera AcuSense (if you have AcuSense cameras which you do). They can't both be active. Regardless it is all set up from the NVR (not the camera). Once something is set in the NVR AcuSense engine, if you switch back to using the camera it is still being processed (though not active) in the NVR (that's where that not enough resource message has come from - you have intrusion or line crossing setup in the NVR Engine)

1 - Clear the motion detection area and disable it
2 - (more important) Go to Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection and clear any set areas then disable both
3 - Uncheck the box in Line Crossing/Intrusion marked as 'Use Device AI' (or similar) That is telling the setup to use the NVR and not the camera for AcuSense.

The above will clear the NVR event engine. As long as you the leave the 'Use Device AI' switched off, you can set up your line crossing, intrusion, motion detection again, because with the switch off the camera will be used to process those events.

If the NVR AcuSense engine is used you can only have Motion or Smart Event (hence the no resource message). Using the camera you can have motion, line crossing and intrusion set up simultaneously if you wish with different actions set on each.

Program everything via the NVR NOT the camera

Last edited:
OK - I thought you were just needing to get one key arming/disarming working but appears that you need to fully set the system up. I imagine you've been altering settings on both the NVR and camera.... you should've left the camera alone and just carried out the settings in the NVR.

Another issue looking at the image is that you may have activated events both in the camera and the NVR AcuSense Engine. You would use the camera AcuSense (if you have AcuSense cameras which you do). They can't both be active. Regardless it is all set up from the NVR (not the camera). Once something is set in the NVR AcuSense engine, if you switch back to using the camera it is still being processed (though not active) in the NVR (that's where that not enough resource message has come from - you have intrusion or line crossing setup in the NVR Engine)

1 - Clear the motion detection area and disable it
2 - (more important) Go to Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection and clear any set areas then disable both
3 - Uncheck the box in Line Crossing/Intrusion marked as 'Use Device AI' (or similar) That is telling the setup to use the NVR and not the camera for AcuSense.

The above will clear the NVR event engine. As long as you the leave the 'Use Device AI' switched off, you can set up your line crossing, intrusion, motion detection again, because with the switch off the camera will be used to process those events.

If the NVR AcuSense engine is used you can only have Motion or Smart Event (hence the no resource message). Using the camera you can have motion, line crossing and intrusion set up simultaneously if you wish with different actions set on each.

Program everything via the NVR NOT the camera
Ohhh ok, I thought "Use device AI" was meant for camera AI (device=camera imo) like I said interface are quite confusing.
I first bought the camera to test AcuSense and ColorVu, I really like it so recently I bought the NVR, so yes, camera was already configured. and the I adde the NVR.
So not looking forward to it but I will reset the camera, do I really have to reset both? If you think it's better I'll just do it.

By leaving the camera alone you mean for the event or everything? What should I configure in the camera?
I'm thinking of Network side, image settings, ...?
And finally, your opinion about choosing between motion detection and intrusion detection?

Back