01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Change scene / brightness in V4 as you could in V3?

Woodyz82

Hopefully someone can recall this and throw some light on it.

When I first got my setup about a year ago, my NVR DS 7608NI K2, the latest firmware was V3, a feature I liked which aided picture quality when viewing in certain scenes / light, if I recall correctly I could right click the live view and it would give me some image options, x4 if my memory serves me, something like bright, vivid etc, I am referring this being done direct on my NVR which is connected to a monitor.

For example on a very dark cloudy night, I could change it to bright and it would and it would brighten up the entire screen / image making it much more clearer. Believe it was under output mode.

Since updating last year to V4 I believe this feature has been dropped, I’ve had a good root around all settings but believe it’s not there, does anyone recall this or know if it’s on V4 hidden away a bit deeper?

Simon

Last edited:
Hi @Woodyz82

This is not a setting we were aware of, I have checked an old 7604 K-series model we have in the office which is still running v3 firmware and you are correct it is called Output Mode and does offer options to adjust screen brightness. (although when I just checked it all of the options appeared to make minimal difference to the image)

I am not aware of this setting on the v4 software, I have had a dig around in the config/maintenance menus and I can't see anything that looks similar to Output Mode. It would appear that they have removed this feature, potentially because as a screen brightness tool it may have been tricking users into thinking their images were clearer/brighter than they actually were and thus when they came to download footage it was much darker than they expected.

Thanks for the reply Dan, yes I see your point. I suppose it’s just the same as the the presets on most modern monitors. I found it particularly useful at night if I wanted to live view and the ambient light was darker than usual, for example heavy cloud cover, really brightened up the picture with a click.

Unrelated I see another update for the K models in the portal, but no release notes. I will stick this on later and see if it offers anything new in terms of features, but I would take a stab at just bug fixes.

Back