01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accusense Human event, motion and line crossing not accurate

Very strange. Firmware downgrade shouldn't be an issue but can be a bit labour intensive. I have my home cameras connected directly to the NVR ports but manually address them for my convenience. The issue with that is that if I downgrade the NVR firmware and it resets it default (which it did last time), it restores all channels to plug and play (from manual), which in turn readdresses all of the cameras which is a PITA.

I have the same NVR as you on 4.60.010 albeit with POE ports and I also have a spare 2347LSU/SL. When I get a moment, I'll add it to my recorder via the LAN and see if I can successfully get the push notifications, from that camera, through to my app via the NVRs connection to Hik-Connect. I'll post back the result.

So I've just tried what I said above and everything works as expected. I did the following:
  • Deleted my existing test camera from my Hik-Connect account (DS-2CD2347-LSU/SL with firmware 5.7.3)
  • Connected the camera to my network via an existing switch. The camera has a static IP on the LAN of 192.168.0.150 and a server port of 40001 (would usually be 8000 - it was just changed previously to avoid a port conflict with my NVR when I was using it standalone and needed to port forward)
  • Added the camera to my NVR (7616NI-I2/16P with firmware 4.60.010) by clicking 'edit' in the local GUI next to a spare POE channel and in the pop up Adding Method - Manual, IP address - 192.168.0.150, Management Port - 40001, Channel Port - 1 (as it should be for all cameras), Enable IP Camera Time Sync - checked
  • In the NVR local interface, I set up a line crossing alarm with action 'Notify Surveillance Center)
  • Triggered the alarm
I got the notification through on my phone and can play back the clip etc (the reason you can't do that when connecting the camera directly to Hik-Connect is that it's trying to playback from the SD card, as it's unaware of the NVR). I also get the event markers in the smart playback timeline as shown in the pics below:

IMG_4307.PNG

IMG_4306.JPG

The first alarm was sent while the camera had a valid Gateway (192.168.0.1) and DNS (8.8.8.8) for my network. The break in the timeline is where I deleted the Gateway and DNS entries from the camera completely and it rebooted. The next test also worked fine without those entries.

Effectively if the cameras are on the same LAN subnet as the NVR, the only items that need to be set in the camera to add it to the NVR and get the alarms from the camera to go through the NVR to Hik-Connect are IP address and password.

I was almost hoping that it wouldn't work for me so that I could get to the bottom of it.

Very strange indeed, I have tried everything suggested and so much more only to get the same result.

All of my cameras work with Hik connect for events.
Doorbell also works with Hik connect for calling with nil issues.

I have reset my old router along with the NVR and a couple of different cameras with the same results.

I am able to get the NVR to email events, just not able to get hik connect to do the same via the NVR.

I have tried another NVR that does work with my hik connect account.

After some more research, I have noticed a number of people in various different forums have had their NVR serial number blocked by Hikvision for unknown reasons.

I wonder if my stuffing about when I had the original issues with the false line crossing events has triggered something in the back end with Hikvision for my serial number to be blocked......

I will try and somehow get in contact with someone from Hikvision to confirm this I guess.

And for anyone else following.

I have been in contact with Hikvision, after many email exchanges, they got me to download a firmware (NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.51.005_210628) that I was able to downgrade my NVR firmware.

after the NVR's 6th maybe 7th or 8th reset I am back to normal with hik connect fully working with all notify surveillance centre.

Hopefully this helps anyone that may have the same issue later.

Back