01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Used cam reset via NVR?

makesz1

Hi,
I've got a new NVR (HWN-4101MH-4P) and four used bullet cam (DC-2CD1043G0-I).
I can connect the cameras via the POE ports, and I see that they are powered well, but I can't connect them in the NVR neither the SADP. When I want to connect them, it says "The destination is unreachable".
DHCP is enabled, the NVR's internal IP is 192.168.254.1,
a cam's IP is 192.168.254.2, etc...
Maybe I should reset the cameras, but I don't know how.
Maybe If I could connect the directly into the SADP, I could reset them, but because I can only give them power via POE, I can't use them without the NVR.
What should I try?

Update:
I can see the cameras in SADP if I connect the router into the NVR.
But how can I reset password or login to set anything?
The camera's IP in my browser loads the login page, but I don't know the password for it.

Hi @makesz1

We would usually recommend performing a hard reset using the reset button found under the MicroSD card cover on the camera, but I believe this model does not support MicroSD so probably does not have a reset button.

This means the only way to reset the password would be to send a password reset file to your original seller and ask them to supply reset files.

Hi Dan,
Thank you for helping me!
Yes, unfortunately, there isn't any reset button on the cameras.
I can export the xml files with the SADP, but could you tell me where to send them if the cameras are preused? I bought them on Facebook Marketplace, the seller couldn't remember the passwords. Maybe I ask him to tell me who is the original seller.

Hi @makesz1

The only option is the original seller, Hikivison will not password reset directly for end users.

They implemented this to encourage customers to buy from authorised sellers and not places like Amazon, eBay, or Facebook Marketplace.

Your best option would be to contact the Facebook seller and ask first if they can provide the password they set, if they can't then you can ask them to confirm who they originally bought from.

If they do provide this information I can't guarantee the original seller will assist you because they won't be able to identify you as the original customer that bought from them.

Oh, bad news for me. :(
I had no idea that it could be so hard to reset a device like this, when I bought them.

I also encountered this issue. but the thing is I setup mine with plug and play only without password. so I use sadp to connect to the camera and performed reset there. Glad you fixed your issue

Back