01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Upgrade hik camera firmware over WAN?

greeny730

Hi. Is there a method to upgrade camera firmware to the cameras' on a site whilst sitting in the office?

Hi. Is there a method to upgrade camera firmware to the cameras' on a site whilst sitting in the office?
I would only do this if I was remotely logging into a local PC. Uploading the firmware file over the WAN connection could result in a bricked camera. I would also ensure the local PC is connected to the local network using an ethernet cable. This is probably best done on site.

David

HIK are saying it can be done on the HIK partner pro account, anyone done this?
never used hik partner pro. I'd definitely check what they had in place to mitigate failed firmware upgrade. Pro cameras may have dual boot firmware profiles.

I’ve never had an issue upgrading cameras remotely - I do this regularly (for both NVRs and the cameras attached to them). There are several ways it can be achieved.

1 - Using a VPN connection to the site (with virtual host enabled) Web browser.

2 - Forwarding ports 65001 to 6500x to the NVR IP address (with virtual host enabled) Web browser.

3 - Using iVMS. No virtual host is needed. I don’t like this method as you can’t see the platform and existing firmware version of cameras connected to the NVR. Therefore you are sending the file blind. On the plus side you can do multiple cameras simultaneously.

4 - Hik Partner Pro. Ugh….It promised to be so useful. Unfortunately it isn’t. The whole point of HPP was to allow config/maintenance without port forwarding over P2P while allowing the end user control of access. In most cases so far, to get HPP to show the firmware upgrade controls, I’ve needed to enable Hikvision DDNS. What’s needed to enable DDNS?….the admin password of course.

Back