01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to Update WebComponent

Cos

Today, I got the following on my Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI:

Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug-in.

So I closed firefox and installed the plug-in. Unfortunately when I restarted firefox, I still get the error. Nothing I do, can get plug-in to install. I've even tried restarting the computer as well.

Anyone else had this recently?

Hi. Firefox is still working fine with plugin version v3.0.6.13 on a DS-7716NI-I4-16P. I haven't heard any feedback from any customers about it yet either.

1. Try uninstalling the web components plugin from your PC and redownloading it from the Hikvision European download portal
2. Make sure ALL browsers are closed when installing the plugin
3. You'll be asked to allow access / permissions for the plugin to run the next time you connect to your NVR. Allow them

Well, seems I was completely mistaken - feedback is flooding in now that people are waking up.

Firefox automatically updated to v52.0 this morning / weekend for many people. Unfortunately, this is the version that discontinues support for NPAPI plugins, much like Chrome did in September 2015.

Until a workaround is found or Hikvision release a new plugin, it seems Firefox is dead in the water at the moment for Hikvision cameras.

Thanks for your reply.

Co-incidentally, when I upgraded to the version you suggested from the Hikvision website, IE stopped working in the same way as Firefox. After clicking on the link on the webcomponent on the NVR (which downloads a version from the NVR itself), which I assume is a previous version, IE starts working again...

There is a workaround

- Type about:config in the Firefox address bar – ignore the “are you sure you want to proceed?” page

- Right click anywhere. A context window should pop-up

- Select New >> Boolean

- Enter exactly plugin.load_flash_only

- Set the Boolean value to False

- Restart Firefox

Hi!
I'm new here! I have lots of other problems but on Sunday my Probook, running Firefox, wanted to reinstall the "web component" Needless to say it wont & now I know why! Thanks to all!

Hi!
I'm new here! I have lots of other problems but on Sunday my Probook, running Firefox, wanted to reinstall the "web component" Needless to say it wont & now I know why! Thanks to all!
Hi All! I'm back
Strangest thing! I have a desktop PC running Firefox that still shows the cameras! My OS is XP & my Firefox version is 52.0?
Any ideas? Forgot to mention that my Samsung Tab2 & both my Samsung Smartphones also work!

There is a workaround

- Type about:config in the Firefox address bar – ignore the “are you sure you want to proceed?” page

- Right click anywhere. A context window should pop-up

- Select New >> Boolean

- Enter exactly plugin.load_flash_only

- Set the Boolean value to False

- Restart Firefox
did not work for me. Is there a new workaround ?

Back