01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem linking camera substream (picture) into house alarm?

dazulrich

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,
I've played with a Verification feature of my SPC alarm (to capture and display snapshots before/after an alarm event).
I have quick guide how to set the camera substream and how to set the URL in the alarm UI.

The documentation says to use the url /ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102/picture
Using the NVR POE ports, the cameras are accessible via [nvr_ip]:6500x .
using those to configure the SPC verification, the UI only shows 1/3 of an image. using same url in the browser I see full picture.

I found the following URL in some forum,
[nvr_ip]:80/ISAPI/ContentMgmt/StreamingProxy/channels/x02/picture
where x is the camera ID, 102,202,303, etc...
Using this I get the full image.

While it works using the StreamingProxy, I just wanted to check whether there is anything I'm missing using ISAPI/Streaming/.. as SPC sees the camera as online, can access the picture, but doesn't render it as expected.

Using the forum search, i didn't find any references to using the StreamingProxy, only the Streaming URL.. and was wondering why ..
found some HIK pdf that mentions it. but not really with any context or explanation.

thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a timing or duration parameter that can be defined before the picture is captured? Look at if the process has time to write the file to disk.

David

Hi
There is a pre and post event interval. (And number of images). Set interval to 2sec from 1 sec and # of images to 1, no avail.
The image isn't shown properly on static preview, so not sure those parameters come into play.
Don't think it's a port thing, if so I'd expect to see nothing...

I'm happy to use the streamingproxy , until someone advises against it...
It's just odd the the commonly publicized method doesn't work and the not so public one does...

Back