01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New browser problems August 3 2024

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
Something happened today - maybe only in the U.S.? - that's really screwing things up. Brave browser will no longer log into the NVR. Chrome will log in to the NVR, but all the menu items to the left are nonresponsive. Edge is the same - all menu items on the left are nonresponsive. Edge in I.E. mode will log in and the menus are responsive, but attempting to do any kind of smart event changes such as draw areas/change any settings are impossible to do, because the popups don't show up. Something has killed most of the functionality of the pages.

Something changed with the major browsers because it all hit this afternoon. Something about a change to "MV3?"

I've rebooted everything multiple times and it all remains. Anybody else?

@JB1970 you see anything?

Something happened today - maybe only in the U.S.? - that's really screwing things up. Brave browser will no longer log into the NVR. Chrome will log in to the NVR, but all the menu items to the left are nonresponsive. Edge is the same - all menu items on the left are nonresponsive. Edge in I.E. mode will log in and the menus are responsive, but attempting to do any kind of smart event changes such as draw areas/change any settings are impossible to do, because the popups don't show up. Something has killed most of the functionality of the pages.

Something changed with the major browsers because it all hit this afternoon. Something about a change to "MV3?"

I've rebooted everything multiple times and it all remains. Anybody else?

@JB1970 you see anything?
I'm on MacOS so rarely use anything but Safari (which is poorly supported). I run Windows 11 in a Parallels VM and just tried Chrome and the menus work normally/respond for me.

Still here. All three auto-updated yesterday in response to some new cyber threat. Whatever they did it sure is causing problems.

And the other problem is that my new 2347G2 absolutely will *not* do intrusion detection. Line crossing works, but intrusion just will not activate. I've checked the settings a dozen times but it will not trigger a notification. I've logged out of HikConnect and back in, rebooted the NVR, nothing works. So frustrating because I bought this thing to replace my G1 that gave the exact same problem.

NVR logs also do not show intrusion triggering on the new G2. All the settings are exactly like my old G1's, so I have no idea what's wrong. Am I required to tick one of the boxes that says human detection or vehicle detection?

Last edited:
And yet another problem with the browsers - any function that ends up having a dialog box, or "click here for OK" or anything like that gets hidden behind the live view of that camera you're working with. You get stuck without being able to confirm or reject the function. The pic below was my attempt to clear all the areas for intrusion so I could redraw the area, but I get stuck at this point. The only workaround I've found is to hit the browser's "settings" then "inspect webpage" which pushes the dialog box further left and allows you to click it.

Just putting all this out there because all this started one day, across all three browsers, which were all auto-updated that day for some security reason. The same changes may be coming to the U.K. and elsewhere, so now you know.

I'm really starting to hate this system. It's been nearly perfect since 2019 when I installed it, and lately it's giving me a lot of trouble.

shed shot.jpg

Last edited:
Another example. On the G2 I just installed, I cannot see all four intrusion detection options to set parameters, because the dropdown box is obscured behind the live view. I've updated web components, updated local services, whitelisted the URL and everything else I can think of. This is in Edge. I cannot even get the web interface to load in Brave or Chrome, despite the same efforts at whitelisting, etc. Maybe someone smarter than me can figure this out.

Shot 2.jpg

Hi

Can you try the HiToolsDelivery for your Settings? The interface is similar to Edge

Since none of you over there seem to have experienced the same problem - yet - here is a partial fix according to the U.S. guys, if you are interested. Uninstall each browser, one at a time. Reinstall, and import your bookmarks/favorites from another browser. Do the same to browser #2, #3, etc. Once they are reloaded, go back to your bookmark for the NVR and it seems to work for some of the problems I've mentioned. For now.

Did you also fix the Intrusion problem?

Yes, oddly enough in the same way I fixed the identical problem with the G1 that was in that spot. Hard reset and rebuild all the parameters. I also rolled back the NVR firmware to 4.61.020.

Back