01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Max Size and Max Area in Hikvision NVR?

Chin1985

Hi All,

I use DS-2CD3027G2E-LUF IP camera and am trying to setup intrusion detection. Most of the help guides mentioned it with Minimum Size and Maximum Size. But in my settings, i see only Minimum Area and Maximum Area. Please let me know what the difference is between the two and how can i reduce the false alarms with it.

Hi All,

I use DS-2CD3027G2E-LUF IP camera and am trying to setup intrusion detection. Most of the help guides mentioned it with Minimum Size and Maximum Size. But in my settings, i see only Minimum Area and Maximum Area. Please let me know what the difference is between the two and how can i reduce the false alarms with it.
I think they mean the same thing.

If you are viewing the settings in a browser, then the contextual help at the top-right MIGHT offer some clues or further explanation.

Please let me know what the difference is between the two and how can i reduce the false alarms with it.
as @Ultra4 has said, they'll mean the same thing. To minimise false alerts:

1. Configure your intrusion area first and try to not have it full screen... The camera will analyse potential target objects to decide whether they are between the configured minimum and maximum sizes. If the detection area is full screen, the target is already inside the area before that can take place. Depending on camera model, you may be able to set up to 4 separate detection areas.
  2. Set the minimum target size. That should be set to be slightly smaller than a human and should be set while viewing a human at the part of the detection area most distant from the camera, as a human in the image there will occupy a much smaller area of the screen.
  3. Set the maximum target size. That should be set to be slightly larger than a human and should be set while viewing a human at the part of the detection area closest to the camera, as a human in the image there will occupy a much larger area of the screen.
  4. Set the sensitivity. Sensitivity is the inverse of the percentage of the target. For example with sensitivity at 80 (high), firstly the target would need to be between the minimum and maximum size to be valid. Then the camera would need to see only 20% of that valid target move into the intrusion zone and finally the target would need to remain there for the dwell time. Whereas if the sensitivity was set to 20 (low), 80% of the valid target would need to move inside the configured area.
  5. Dwell time. Set to how long the target needs to remain inside the intrusion zone before the alert is triggered. If set to 0 seconds, Intrusion Detection is exactly the same as Region Entrance.
If you set more than one intrusion zone on a camera, the minimum and maximum target sizes are not globally applied; you need to configure them separately for each zone.

The above also applies to line crossing (apart from dwell time). All camera scenes are different and you may find line crossing suits your situation better. For line crossing, again it's important to not have the line drawn close to the screen edge, as the camera needs to evaluate the potential target before it reaches the line. Due to the camera's perspective, line crossing works best with a vertical line and targets moving left/right (rather than a horizontal line with targets moving toward/away from)

For best results use AcuSense cameras which will try to filter events to Human or Vehicle. Any changes in the image will be interpreted/evaluated as an intrusion target in a standard camera. That could be a change of light causing a portion of the image to darken/lighten, shadow, reflection etc.

Hi @JB1970,

Thanks for the detailed post. I have few questions on it.

1. In my Camera we i have 4 areas. but i can set only one Max and Min area for all the four detection areas.

2. I have set up both min and max areas but even bird flies over zone, will trigger the alarm. Any suggestion to sort it out ?

1. In my Camera we i have 4 areas. but i can set only one Max and Min area for all the four detection areas.
Draw area 1, then draw the min/max boxes, then save.
Select area 2, the min/max boxes disappear, draw them as required, then save
Select area 3, repeat as above

If you select an area and the min/max boxes don't appear then they've not been drawn for that area. I'm not familiar with that camera model but mine have separately configurable min/max per intrusion zone.

2. I have set up both min and max areas but even bird flies over zone, will trigger the alarm. Any suggestion to sort it out ?
You're limited to the settings I described. If that is still causing issues then you'd have to use an AcuSense camera instead (or an AcuSense NVR with the camera you have)

Thanks a lot.. One last question,

Do we have any way to activate LED light only on event on above mentioned model ?

Thanks a lot.. One last question,

Do we have any way to activate LED light only on event on above mentioned model ?
Not a clue on that one as it's not a model that's available in the UK. If it's an available option you will see it in the settings - there will be a tick box called 'White Light' in the Linkage Actions as in the image below:

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 17.26.50.png

If the option is not there, you should check to see that you're on the latest version of firmware for your camera. It's an option that was added to various camera models in newer firmware.

Thanks for the update. But the option is not there even i updated to the latest. :(

Current version - V5.7.12 build 230614

Back