01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live feed, video freezes, audio continues and image distortion?

I have to know what specifically caused the issue, or whether it was a combination of settings that caused the issue. I don't like knowing the issue is fixed without the root cause of the issue :).

H265+ is still off
Video Frame Rate still set to 20
Max Frame Rate still set to 16384
I-Frame Interval still set to 20
Exposure Time still set to 1/25

Quality changed back to Highest from High
Each individual setting can cause an issue of its own. The impact it has may depend on the specific NVR model and quantity/settings of other connected cameras.

The quality setting that you've put back to 'Highest' (lowest compression level) will increase the average bit rate requirement overall for a camera and the bit rate for the I Frame (full frame refresh) will increase further. Depending on the amount of motion in the image (or image noise on a nighttime), that bitrate will burst above the configured parameter. If your NVR is connected to a local monitor, you can view the bit rate by hovering over one of the icons at the bottom of the image and can see the real time update of the I frame bit rate value. Looking at the new 8MP Hybrid Light ColorVu on my system now, I've watched that bit rate hit 23,000kbps several times (the maximum the camera can be set to is 16,384 so that's going 30% higher than configured). That's with the quality on mine set to 'Higher' not 'Highest'

Due to the additional performance of the M Series you may get away with some settings on the camera that would cause problems if connected to a lower spec recorder.

Each individual setting can cause an issue of its own. The impact it has may depend on the specific NVR model and quantity/settings of other connected cameras.

The quality setting that you've put back to 'Highest' (lowest compression level) will increase the average bit rate requirement overall for a camera and the bit rate for the I Frame (full frame refresh) will increase further. Depending on the amount of motion in the image (or image noise on a nighttime), that bitrate will burst above the configured parameter. If your NVR is connected to a local monitor, you can view the bit rate by hovering over one of the icons at the bottom of the image and can see the real time update of the I frame bit rate value. Looking at the new 8MP Hybrid Light ColorVu on my system now, I've watched that bit rate hit 23,000kbps several times (the maximum the camera can be set to is 16,384 so that's going 30% higher than configured). That's with the quality on mine set to 'Higher' not 'Highest'

Due to the additional performance of the M Series you may get away with some settings on the camera that would cause problems if connected to a lower spec recorder.
I thought I replied to this but apparently not. Firmware upgrade of the cameras and NVR to v5.03 fixed all the issues I described
Thanks again JB1970

Back