01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IR LEDs are Staying on all the Time - Is the Camera Faulty?

Shiyar

good greeting
I have a hikvision ip camera it is not working now. Note that the red lights do not turn off. What is the malfunction and how can I solve the problem. Thanks for your efforts

Solution
Hi @Shiyar

If the IR LEDs are staying on it could mean the LEDs are faulty, but also it could be a larger issue with the internal hardware of the camera.

One thing you can try is hard resetting the camera following the instructions in this forum thread.

If the hard reset does not resolve the issue then the camera is likely faulty and we can only recommend that if the camera is still in warranty then return it to your original seller for a warranty replacement, and if it is not in warranty then you will likely need to purchase a new camera.
good greeting
I have a hikvision ip camera it is not working now. Note that the red lights do not turn off. What is the malfunction and how can I solve the problem. Thanks for your efforts
Hi

What red lights? Do you have a picture? That might help.

Upvote 0
Hi @Shiyar

If the IR LEDs are staying on it could mean the LEDs are faulty, but also it could be a larger issue with the internal hardware of the camera.

One thing you can try is hard resetting the camera following the instructions in this forum thread.

If the hard reset does not resolve the issue then the camera is likely faulty and we can only recommend that if the camera is still in warranty then return it to your original seller for a warranty replacement, and if it is not in warranty then you will likely need to purchase a new camera.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back