01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion detection - how to get a box to tell me where trigger is from?

Ultra4

Hi all

This has been driving me insane but for whatever reason I’m having two plants set off intrusion detection in the front door.

It’s been fine but with the recent wind it’s been setting off non stop so much so that I’ve redrawn the intrusion zones WAY away from the plants and tried adjusting the sensitivity and threshold yet still have had no success. It’s driving me insane as it’s notifying so much the family are now ignoring pings which is rendering it useless.

All I can think of is me trying to get some sort of box so that I can see where it’s being triggered but I’ve looked and don’t have that option. My model and firmware is
DS-7608NI-12/8P V4.51.025, Build 210927. I’ve read a change log for new firmware that mentions it adds a box for lice but before I do that just trying to find out ur there is a way in my current I’ve looked and can’t fit life of me find it but maybe you could tell me where I need to go.

I’m out of ideas. I’ve pulled the zones in from the outside by a good 5cm each side and the plants even when blowing don’t touch the blue box yet it’s still being set off and I gave min max boxes set (via Nvr, set just after drawing the zone) and still no luck.

Worked fine but did have issue with headlights but put up with it. This now is getting silly.

Thanks for reading!

Hi all

This has been driving me insane but for whatever reason I’m having two plants set off intrusion detection in the front door.

It’s been fine but with the recent wind it’s been setting off non stop so much so that I’ve redrawn the intrusion zones WAY away from the plants and tried adjusting the sensitivity and threshold yet still have had no success. It’s driving me insane as it’s notifying so much the family are now ignoring pings which is rendering it useless.

All I can think of is me trying to get some sort of box so that I can see where it’s being triggered but I’ve looked and don’t have that option. My model and firmware is
DS-7608NI-12/8P V4.51.025, Build 210927. I’ve read a change log for new firmware that mentions it adds a box for lice but before I do that just trying to find out ur there is a way in my current I’ve looked and can’t fit life of me find it but maybe you could tell me where I need to go.

I’m out of ideas. I’ve pulled the zones in from the outside by a good 5cm each side and the plants even when blowing don’t touch the blue box yet it’s still being set off and I gave min max boxes set (via Nvr, set just after drawing the zone) and still no luck.

Worked fine but did have issue with headlights but put up with it. This now is getting silly.

Thanks for reading!
You're on old firmware. The latest firmware allows you to view the VCA rules on a locally connected monitor/TV and it can be toggled on/off. It doesn't however show the trigger itself. If you want to see the triggering live you would need to view it in a compatible web browser with 'rules enabled' in the local config (not so easy as there are so many permeations of web browser, camera mode, firmware and plug in). You would be best loading iVMS-4200 onto a PC or Mac and viewing it on there to see the cause.

The latest firmware on the UK portal is 4.61.020_220708 (though there is a 4.61.025 available if you look on the NVR product page on Hikvisions website):

With regard to headlights setting off intrusion, you would need AcuSense cameras to prevent that (and most other false alerts)

You're on old firmware. The latest firmware allows you to view the VCA rules on a locally connected monitor/TV and it can be toggled on/off. It doesn't however show the trigger itself. If you want to see the triggering live you would need to view it in a compatible web browser with 'rules enabled' in the local config (not so easy as there are so many permeations of web browser, camera mode, firmware and plug in). You would be best loading iVMS-4200 onto a PC or Mac and viewing it on there to see the cause.

The latest firmware on the UK portal is 4.61.020_220708 (though there is a 4.61.025 available if you look on the NVR product page on Hikvisions website):

With regard to headlights setting off intrusion, you would need AcuSense cameras to prevent that (and most other false alerts)
Thanks I’ll be updating this today.

I’ve got Accusense cameras linked up to the NVR that’s why it’s so confusing. My min max boxes are set correctly and we’re working.

I’ll see if the live vca mode can help me out. Thanks.

With the live vca mode if something appears green does they mean my Nvr is recording it and logging?

I wonder if I have the intrusion detection set do I need to disable simple motion?

Last edited:
Ok so this is confusing. I’ve only got intrusion enabled yet on live vca green boxes are appearing outside of the zone.

To test I’ve cleared all planes on the Intrusion side. Now with just a small square in the middle of the camera I have green boxes appearing when the wind blows on the two plants - what is this?

I’ve turned off basic motion in basic events - what’s triggering this now? Anyone know thank you

Back