01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Smart Events on HikConnect?

Ultra4

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did do a scan and can't find it exactly mentioned.

Can I get smart events (orange/yellow markers) on the timeline on my phone/iPad via the HikConnect app? At the moment I can only do this on the NVR when it is connected to a monitor and to be honest it is a bit of a pain. I have line crossing enabled for alerts (which I believe trigger the events - I can see those) but I have intrusion set to not notify me but it has been set up to monitor the area.

Just want the ability to flick through overnight to check what intrusions may have occurred? Only way right now is via the NVR and monitor and it isn't the most convenient way to look.

You can't get markers in the timeline for the events. As you've realised you need to use the 'notify surveillance center' option checked in the Linkage Method of the event. Then you can use either the 'Notification' tab or the 'Event Playback' to view them.

You can't get markers in the timeline for the events. As you've realised you need to use the 'notify surveillance center' option checked in the Linkage Method of the event. Then you can use either the 'Notification' tab or the 'Event Playback' to view them.
Ah, that's a shame. I've got it setup for intrusion and line crossing and only want line crossing to notify me - can't handle intrusion pinging me all day.

Wonder if it is something they are looking to add? Bit of a pita to keep being tied to the NVR to do it. Makes the whole smart event search so much easier.

Another thing I found bizzare is region entry/exit can't have notifications sent to hikconnect app - why are some obvious things just left out? Can't get my head around it.

Ah, that's a shame. I've got it setup for intrusion and line crossing and only want line crossing to notify me - can't handle intrusion pinging me all day.

Wonder if it is something they are looking to add? Bit of a pita to keep being tied to the NVR to do it. Makes the whole smart event search so much easier.

Another thing I found bizzare is region entry/exit can't have notifications sent to hikconnect app - why are some obvious things just left out? Can't get my head around it.

Yes it would be a handy feature in the app. Possibly due to the app capabilities or what can be done via the Hik Connect service. To be fair if intrusion is triggering so frequently, you might want to adjust your setup or reduce what you need to mark in the video. Configure it as you need for notifications and rely on the smart search afforded by Dual VCA for anything else.

I've not used Region Entry/Exit for notifications but seem to recall from another thread that although 'Notify Surveillance Center' is available as an option - it doesn't work. I just tried it one of my cameras and the notification didn't work.

Back