01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision security

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello folks, I have been close to tearing my hair out recently when trying to get into the 'Playback' mode on my setup. The way that I get in is by using the security pattern method but, just as soon as I click the mouse in the first circle, I immediately get the loud beeping error signal. Obviously once I have tried this a few times I then get locked out. This seems to happen more frequently lately whereas at one time it only happened now and again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Hi,
It's the first I have heard of this - what NVR model please?
What firmware version?

Hi, It's the first I have heard of this - what NVR model please? What firmware version?

I am using a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) which I updated to the latest firmware withing the last week. It isn't the firmware update that is causing the problem as it was happening prior to the update being installed. I also get a 'No Link' message appear on the screen quite frequently.

Thank you for trying to help.

Standard setup?
i.e.
No extenders for USB or network cables?
Mouse plugged directly into the NVR's USB port?
NVR connected directly to your router via a purchased network patch lead?
Does the NVR's log show any issues?
Correct firmware - for the (B) model NVR?

Yes I believe that the setup is standard. My NVR is connected to the router via a Netgear switch. with cable purchased from yourselves. The mouse is plugged directly into the NVR's USB Port (The mouse itself is very temperamental often needing me to switch the NVR off and then on again)

I can't see anything untoward in the 'Log screen' and I recently updated the firmware to v3.4.100 Build 180310

Yes, that's the correct/latest firmware.
Do you have another mouse that you could test it with?
Is it any better if you try the other USB port?
(there is one front and back)

hello again, yes I have tried another mouse and have also tried both usb ports but it is still all very erratic. If I switch the NVR off and then on again, the mouse pointer usually reappears.
Any ideas why when I leave the screen on whilst I am sat at my desk, the image disappears after a short time and the words 'No Link' appear. I then have to fiddle about with the mouse to get the image back, that's if the mouse is working of course. if not, it's back to switching off and on again!

Hi @Bluenose1940

I have tested our demo 7604(B) which is also on the latest firmware, when the screen timed out we moved the mouse and clicked the screen, the unlock pattern appeared, we clicked and dragged out the draw pattern and the NVR was unlocked, no beeping noise on unlocking (as far as I am aware the beep should only happen if you are entering an incorrect draw pattern). We did this unlock procedure multiple times and had no problem and also experienced no problems with mouse performance.

Have you tried changing the draw pattern to something else? If you go to Configuration > User > and click edit on the admin user you should be able to change the draw pattern.

If changing the draw pattern doesn't work and the NVR is still within warranty then I would recommend contacting the reseller you bought the NVR from and ask to return it for testing to see if this is a faulty NVR.

Back