01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision licence plate recognition camera capabilities?

dee

What can the hikvision licence plate recognition do?
I want to be able to put 1 licence number into a setting. If the camera spots that licence number it can notifiy me some how and freez the frame.
I also want to log all the licence plate numbers the camera sees with a snapshot.

Is this possible? What is the lowest cost way with your equipment to achieve this?
Many thanks!

I have some of these DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS ANPR cameras as well as some other similar older models.

The camera has a very basic blacklist/whitelist where you can flag certain plates for certain alarm linkage/alarm output actions. I have never used those features myself as back when I first started with these cameras I found it to be very buggy. It may be better now.

But strangely there does not seem to be any email alarm linkage method, the only linkage methods are "Notify Surveillance Center and "Upload to FTP/Memory Card". So you can get the camera to FTP the captured full frame photos (with some details in the filename) - either FTP all images, or just ones on the blacklist or whitelist.

I don't even know how or if it's possible to search for certain plates that have previously been captured.

Also - if you rely on the camera being able to FTP then the camera needs network/internet access - and if you plug the camera direct into the NVR then it is on the NVR internal network and seems to not have any other network/internet access! I don't yet know if there is a way around that - e.g. if there is away that you can configure routing so the cameras on the internal network have internet access. Of course the other solution is to have ANPR cameras on a PoE switch connected to the NVR so they are on the normal network.

Back