01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision "holiday schedule" how to?

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
7608 NI I2 8P. Years ago I set up a "holiday schedule" that put all cameras on 24/7 intrusion and line crossing alert for when we went on vacation. I will be doing another vacation next Wednesday and the method I used last time does not work. I cannot find anywhere in the NVR interface to set up the schedule, although under "storage" there is the ability to engage about 32 "holiday" schedules. Where do we set up that schedule per camera, to override the smart event schedule that's already in there?

Does this need to be setup at the camera level? Directly on the NVR interface and not the web interface? Something has definitely changed.

Follow up - nothing on the cams or direct NVR interface to set this up.

Last edited:
It's not something I use, but on the NVR web interface:

System Configuration > System Configuration > Holiday (you may need to scroll right to see it)

You can enable and edit the schedule there. I noticed a message somewhere on the interface a week or so ago that said the Holiday schedule took priority so my guess is that once set that's the case. I'm not sure what version of firmware you're on but @Kyle posted a link to a V5 firmware manual in another thread.

Edit: The above is V5 - I just noticed it's an I series you have so I'll guess if it's up to date it's 4.61.030. When I look at Storage > Advanced Settings on a V4 all I see is "Holiday Settings" and an empty page with no ability to add schedule (possibly as I'm on Mac using Windows in a VM)

Last edited:
It's not something I use, but on the NVR web interface:

System Configuration > System Configuration > Holiday (you may need to scroll right to see it)

You can enable and edit the schedule there. I noticed a message somewhere on the interface a week or so ago that said the Holiday schedule took priority so my guess is that once set that's the case. I'm not sure what version of firmware you're on but @Kyle posted a link to a V5 firmware manual in another thread.

Edit: The above is V5 - I just noticed it's an I series you have so I'll guess if it's up to date it's 4.61.030. When I look at Storage > Advanced Settings on a V4 all I see is "Holiday Settings" and an empty page with no ability to add schedule (possibly as I'm on Mac using Windows in a VM)

That's exactly what I see. Empty page with no ability to add a schedule. It didn't use to be like this.

That's exactly what I see. Empty page with no ability to add a schedule. It didn't use to be like this.
I can see it in the newer V5 UI for my M series but that's a completely different web UI.

On a DS7616NI-K2/16P running V4.74.210 build 240108 the table is missing:

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 08.38.01.png

Whereas on a far older DS7608NI-E2/8P running V3.4.106 build 230316 the page is complete with the table for editing the schedules:

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 08.39.39.png

I can see it in the newer V5 UI for my M series but that's a completely different web UI.

On a DS7616NI-K2/16P running V4.74.210 build 240108 the table is missing:

View attachment 11476

Whereas on a far older DS7608NI-E2/8P running V3.4.106 build 230316 the page is complete with the table for editing the schedules:

View attachment 11477

Thanks for the pics, and it shows I don't understand something. I DO have the page in your last picture. When I click "edit" it give me the opportunity name the holiday and set the dates. What I don't understand is *where* I set the arming schedule for the holiday.

So a simple example, for Camera 1 I have intrusion/line crossing set for 10pm through 7am only. For the holiday schedule I want to set intrusion/line crossing to 24/7 while I'm gone. Where do I set that new "holiday" schedule for Camera 1? Under smart events I do not see anywhere to set the alternate, "holiday" arming schedule so that when I enable it in the pic above, it overrides my normal settings. Any help is appreciated.

Just had a peruse through the I/M series manual and it only indicates that the recording schedule is affected rather than alarms. So let's say your normal schedule is 24/7 event recording - it will allow you to set holiday schedules and have a different recording setup for those dates. Nothing else needs to be set as the Holiday schedules take priority. But that doesn't allow you to schedule the alarms and their schedules, just recording.

Maybe a workaround if you're using Hik-Connect is to set the event for 24/7 and set a schedule for the notifications. When you're away disabling the notification schedule should give you 24/7 notifications. Unfortunately that's not really what you want, as it'll be global for all cameras.

Last edited:
Thanks a ton for that explanation. The function seems pointless if you can't affect alarms. I'll do as you say via Hik Connect and see how that works. Appreciate it.

Back