01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Firmware update V5.50

I have a 7616NI-E2 with 16 dome cameras connected, two of the cameras are doing something odd on playback on the GUI on a PC, on playback the red/pink motion detection bar at the bottom of the page stops displaying during a 24 hour period, the bar only shows black but the odd thing is that if you click on the black bar area the recording is their but not showing up as red/pink, it seems to behave normally from midnight to either mid morning or early afternoon when the coloured bar just stops even though the recording is being done, this is only happening on two cameras that have been updated to V5.5.0 firmware, also these two cameras did have SD cards installed which have now been removed and the cameras re-booted, anyone else come across this problem?

Hi,
I've not seen reports of similar.
Perhaps make sure that all of your HikVision devices are running the latest available firmware, and after updating maybe cycle the power to each.
If that doesn't resolve what you're seeing, then the next suggestion would be to reset to default and re-configure.

Thanks Phil for the reply, yes I have the latest firmware on the NVR and the latest firmware on the other 14 cameras although they are not V5.5.0 on the other 14 but earlier versions, if I reset to default factory settings in the affected V5.5.0 cameras will the firmware revert to the level as when the cameras were manufactured, I ask this because I seem to remember reading on Hikvision's website I think that V5.5.0 cannot be reverted to an earlier version of firmware, the affected two cameras are DS-2CD2142FWD-I 2.8mm.

Hi, Resetting to default doesn't revert the firmware. The firmware stays at the currently installed version, but all the camera's settings are reset to the default settings (you can choose to do a full reset and reset the IP address and password etc. or not).

Hi, Resetting to default doesn't revert the firmware. The firmware stays at the currently installed version, but all the camera's settings are reset to the default settings (you can choose to do a full reset and reset the IP address and password etc. or not).

Thanks Phil, if I find the solution to this problem I will let you know.

Regards,

Barry

After quite some time searching, I just can't find the latest firmware for DS-2DE7174-A. Could someone suggest where I might find this please?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I suspect your firmware is here for that camera:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I'm afraid it's not clear.
There are no release notes for any of the versions shown that confirm your model.
If you go up one level at the portal you'll see that this sub-section seems to match your camera's model number e.g. R0-(DS-2DExxxx)

Please check if the firmware your camera is currently using is shown in that list.

FYI - HikVision devices will not proceed to update with incorrect firmware.

Just upgraded my cam (DS-2CD2155FWD-I) to firmware 5.5.3 from 5.4.5. Everything went fine, cam rebooted and came back connecting to my NVR (DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P). One thing I've noticed is I seem to have a couple of higher resolutions available to me now which seem to work. Previously it's highest res was 2944*1696 which is guess is the 5mp max. But now I have 3072*2048 available to me...is this the same as the 8mp cam?

Hi Phil,

Found the solution to my problem with the red/pink record bar not showing on the GUI on PC, I finally in desperation did a format of
the internal 2TB HDD in the NVR and hey presto the fault has gone, bearing in mind that the new NVR and HDD have only being running for four weeks, I would never have thought that the hard drive would have affected the graphics content on a particular channel on the GUI playback, I had already checked for bad sectors and did a full self test of the HDD and all came up good, all I can think of is that I have been adding cameras over a four week period; some older 3MP variants with older firmware, perhaps the protocols that Hikvision uses for allocating HDD space for recording for different channels is not compatible with the method of my particular installation; and the time frame I have done it in, in any event my problem is now cured, if this helps anyone else, then great, thanks for your input on this Phil.

Just upgraded my cam (DS-2CD2155FWD-I) to firmware 5.5.3 from 5.4.5. Everything went fine, cam rebooted and came back connecting to my NVR (DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P). One thing I've noticed is I seem to have a couple of higher resolutions available to me now which seem to work. Previously it's highest res was 2944*1696 which is guess is the 5mp max. But now I have 3072*2048 available to me...is this the same as the 8mp cam?

Hi,
I have seen mention of this 6MP resolution becoming enabled and working after this latest HikVision firmware update.

Hi Phil,

Found the solution to my problem with the red/pink record bar not showing on the GUI on PC, I finally in desperation did a format of
the internal 2TB HDD in the NVR and hey presto the fault has gone, bearing in mind that the new NVR and HDD have only being running for four weeks, I would never have thought that the hard drive would have affected the graphics content on a particular channel on the GUI playback, I had already checked for bad sectors and did a full self test of the HDD and all came up good, all I can think of is that I have been adding cameras over a four week period; some older 3MP variants with older firmware, perhaps the protocols that Hikvision uses for allocating HDD space for recording for different channels is not compatible with the method of my particular installation; and the time frame I have done it in, in any event my problem is now cured, if this helps anyone else, then great, thanks for your input on this Phil.

That is an odd one!
Thanks for feeding back and sharing.

I suspect your firmware is here for that camera:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I'm afraid it's not clear.
There are no release notes for any of the versions shown that confirm your model.
If you go up one level at the portal you'll see that this sub-section seems to match your camera's model number e.g. R0-(DS-2DExxxx)

Please check if the firmware your camera is currently using is shown in that list.

FYI - HikVision devices will not proceed to update with incorrect firmware.

Many thanks Phil, will check as suggested.

Back