01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision dvr - I have lost the pictures from the internal monitor?

dodge

Hi
I have a Hikvision 16 channel dvr useing remote viewing also internal monitor.

I have lost the pictures from the internal monitor just a black screen i turn the monitor off then on
and all the videos shows for a few seconds then goes black.
The streaming side of thing works ok.
I have checked all the obvious .

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Regards

Hi
I have a Hikvision 16 channel dvr useing remote viewing also internal monitor.

I have lost the pictures from the internal monitor just a black screen i turn the monitor off then on
and all the videos shows for a few seconds then goes black.
The streaming side of thing works ok.
I have checked all the obvious .

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Regards
Assuming it's HDMI - try replacing the HDMI cable. If that doesn't work, try altering the resolution in the System > General menu. While in that menu check Menu Output Mode is locked to HDMI rather than it's default of Auto.

It sounds like a HDMI EDID issue possibly, where the monitor/DVR are failing to 'handshake' and agree settings. I have had a Samsung TV that failed in this regard and point blank refused to display a 1920x1080P 60Hz image.

Upvote 0
@dodge one of my NVRs has started periodically losing the monitor image, I don't know if it's related or same issue as you have as my monitor does not show image for a few seconds, it just goes black/no signal, and the only way I have found to solve the issue is to unplug the HDMI cable on the NVR end and re-plug. Monitor image comes back. It's weird, unplugging/replugging at the monitor end does nothing.

This has started happening maybe once a month. Thinking maybe hardware fault in the NVRs HDMI output.

Upvote 0
Back