01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVision DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P NVR

dbrewood

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Okay I've had to recommission my Apple Mac, which means reinstalling a fresh copy of IVMS to use with our 'DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P'. I've got the app installed and logged in as a new SuperUser account. I've added the NVR into it but I'm not seeing any cameras at all. If I try do anything I get a username / password error even though I can log in etc.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 10.46.36.png

Okay I've had to recommission my Apple Mac, which means reinstalling a fresh copy of IVMS to use with our 'DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P'. I've got the app installed and logged in as a new SuperUser account. I've added the NVR into it but I'm not seeing any cameras at all. If I try do anything I get a username / password error even though I can log in etc.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
View attachment 9220
A little tip (not much use to you now unfortunately) but if you do ever need to delete/reinstall iVMS; from the toolbar at the top, export the config. Once you've installed iVMS again you can import it to get back up and running without re-adding anything:

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 20.29.53.png

If you've added your NVR already, you should see it in 'Device Management', and if it is logged in successfully beneath 'Security' it should be showing 'Strong' and beneath 'Net Status' you should have a green light. If not - double click the line for your NVR and make sure that the admin user and password fields are correct (password will be masked), then click 'modify' to update. I can't think of anything other than incorrect NVR 'admin' user credentials that would cause an incorrect user/password error to be displayed:

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 20.40.56.png

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 20.41.23.png

Remember the SuperUser account details are only for logging into the app itself and the NVR admin password is still needed in Device Management.

Last edited:
Right that all makes sense. I did think about the old Mac Mini and just (before reading this) and exported a copy of the config. I've now imported in and all looks to be well., Many thanks for the reply though - archived for the future (just in case). :)

Right that all makes sense. I did think about the old Mac Mini and just (before reading this) and exported a copy of the config. I've now imported in and all looks to be well., Many thanks for the reply though - archived for the future (just in case). :)
No problem - glad you're up and running again!

Back