01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LSU-SL false alarms

robrhp

Hi

i am wondering if anyone can suggest anything that can help me, in the evening i get lots of false alarms from passing car headlights my cameras are set up using intrusion detection with car and human detection enabled i get the notifications only in the evening or when dark. in the day time it is perfect. can anyone advise what to do to prevent the false alarms

TIA

You need to shrink your detection areas, lower your sensitivity, or both. It's going to take some experimentation to get it right. Headlights shining into the detection area can be tough to fix.

My sensitivity is down at 20 and i have set my min quite large. its quite frustrating at the minute. could the deep learning algorithms over time stop false alarms? Thanks

No. You need to pull back your detection area away from where headlights will hit. If you don't do that it will never stop.

No. You need to pull back your detection area away from where headlights will hit. If you don't do that it will never stop.
I’m in a similar boat. Except if I pull back the area the headlights hit it’ll mean im no longer covering my driveway. So frustrating. With min and max boxes how can it not tell the difference? I thought it is supposed to detect humans and cars?

I have the same issue since I pruned down a large bush in the field of view...
I have line crossing and intrusion detection set up. Both were giving very few, if any, false alarms.

I get line crossing detection alerts every time a car goes past at night, possibly because the lense flare 'crosses' the line.
I don't get any intrusion detection alerts from headlights though.

I have the same issue since I pruned down a large bush in the field of view...
I have line crossing and intrusion detection set up. Both were giving very few, if any, false alarms.

I get line crossing detection alerts every time a car goes past at night, possibly because the lense flare 'crosses' the line.
I don't get any intrusion detection alerts from headlights though.
Yeah at least it means intrusion settings with tone is working well for you. Ugh so frustrating.

Back