01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 7716 NVR - the monitor video cycles off?

henry

Hikvision 7716--4.5 gui--two hdmi outputs--have nine cameras--been working fine--now the monitors shows it cycling from camera images to 'no link' in the 9 boxes--it goes back and forth at about 6-8 second intervals--tried different cables--used second monitor but same problem--the secondary hdmi output does not have the problem--

anyone have a clue about what is going on

Last edited:
Hi @henry

Just to be clear, are you saying when live viewing one camera on full screen it is cycling through all the NVR channels?

Hello Dan-- I have a screen with all 9 cameras showing--it displays for about 6-8 seconds-then it swithces to a screen with all 9 boxes with the 'no link' showing in each one--and in 6-8 seconds it goes back to all cameras showing --back and forth--doesn't happen with the second hdmi output--tried several cables and another monitor and eliminated them as a problem---when I look at all my rj45 inputs--the lights indicate normal operation--hh

Is it a DS-7716NI-I4?

That model has 2 "independent" HDMI outputs...

Check the setting on the NVR menu System/Live View/General "Dwell Time" for HDMI1/VGA maybe set to 5 or 10 seconds?

And also check System/Live View/View and confirm HDMI1/VGA and HMDI2 are set up the same... you may have unconfigured cameras on HDMI1/VGA (primary) and that is why you are seeing "no link" as it cycles though the cameras (which it will do if the dwell time above is not set to "No Switch").

Take note that you probably have cameras on page 2 (look at the lower right-hand corner) of the System/Live View/View for HDMI1/VGA. Hit the little "x" in the corner of each of the unconfigured boxes to get rid of them.

I just tried setting things up that way on my system... and it happens exactly as you describe...

One other thing you can do is go to Camera/Camera/PoE settings/PoE Binding Configuration and uncheck "Enable" for any PoE ports you are not using... if you have OCD like me :)

Reactions: Dan
Back