01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik app on phone

Wak

I have a DS-7608NI-K2 nvr and the HIK app also on my phone, as soon as I'm out of wifi range connection is lost to a live camera feed, any help to resolve this problem please TIA​

You have not said how your devices are setup in your Hik app, are they direct IP/Domain or are you using Hik-Connect service?

What country and mobile network are you on?

The app says ip domain, on 02 network in UK, all worked previously but have just changed the NVR and now cannot access when out of home wifi range

Last edited:
1) Is the new NVR on the same (internal/local) IP address as the old one?

2) Is the IP address configured in Hik app your public facing IP address (NOT a local IP address)?

3) Have you opened the relevant port or configured port forwarding on your router?

4) Is the IP domain config in Hik app using port 8000?

If you answered yes to all 4 then I suggest you try using a non-standard port (not 8000). I think O2 in the UK do some sort of CCTV blocking and it has something to do with port 8000 but it's not as clear-cut as them blocking port 8000 totally. I had to change port redirection (NAT) on my NVRs to have a non-8000 public port pointing to the internal NVR port 8000. Then I could see everything on O2 networks again.

If your router does not have the ability to do NAT port redirection then you will have to change the port 8000 on your NVR and use that port number for port forwarding and in the Hik app.

1) Is the new NVR on the same (internal/local) IP address as the old one?

2) Is the IP address configured in Hik app your public facing IP address (NOT a local IP address)?

3) Have you opened the relevant port or configured port forwarding on your router?

4) Is the IP domain config in Hik app using port 8000?

If you answered yes to all 4 then I suggest you try using a non-standard port (not 8000). I think O2 in the UK do some sort of CCTV blocking and it has something to do with port 8000 but it's not as clear-cut as them blocking port 8000 totally. I had to change port redirection (NAT) on my NVRs to have a non-8000 public port pointing to the internal NVR port 8000. Then I could see everything on O2 networks again.

If your router does not have the ability to do NAT port redirection then you will have to change the port 8000 on your NVR and use that port number for port forwarding and in the Hik app.
Thanks so much for the help, however I think this is beyond me to set it up, I'm not great with IT stuff to be honest and my knowledge is very limited when it comes to computers etc, I'll have another try but .........

Thanks so much for the help, however I think this is beyond me to set it up, I'm not great with IT stuff to be honest and my knowledge is very limited when it comes to computers etc, I'll have another try but .........
1.)The IP address was different by the last number...which I changed.

2.)IP address on my app is the same as the NVR

3.) not sure how to do that

4.) yes the app port is 8000

If you are using a local IP address for direct (e.g. your NVR IP address) for IP/Domain in the Hik app - it will never work outside of your local WiFi. If it "worked" before on an old NVR then it was either configured correctly with NAT or port forwarding or more likely you were probably previously using the Hik-Connect Domain method which I suggest you use again. I am sure there are tutorials here to follow telling you how to enable and configure it.

Basically, with this method your NVR talks to remote HikVision servers, and the Hik App talks to remote HikVision servers and between them it handles the authentication and streaming to your phone.

Back