01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware upgrade UK DS-2CD2347G2-LU

Hi dan

Yes I got an email from this morning, I had messaged UK support about it the other day after my last post, I'll be giving my upgrade a go when I go home, the only thing concerns me is the fact I have a more upto date firmware running then the one with rtsp enabled so here's hoping

No Joy with the upgrade, In iVMS the upgrade button is greyed out, once I go into remote configuration the only option I have is storage, No upgrade in there either.

Currently running firmware 5.5.134 and the firmware on the Hikvision portal is 5.5.131, maybe that's the reason ?

To do the camera firmware update you want to be connecting directly to the camera using a web browser and carrying out the upgrade from the system settings there. If your camera is connected directly to the NVR, you'll need to first enable Virtual Host on the NVR which also done by logging on to the NVR with a web browser (not available in the NVR local menu)

To do the camera firmware update you want to be connecting directly to the camera using a web browser and carrying out the upgrade from the system settings there. If your camera is connected directly to the NVR, you'll need to first enable Virtual Host on the NVR which also done by logging on to the NVR with a web browser (not available in the NVR local
Hello JB1970

Yes that's usually the case but Hikvision stated in the E-Mail I received that "the device does require the upgrade to be done on IVMS 4200"

Hello JB1970

Yes that's usually the case but Hikvision stated in the E-Mail I received that "the device does require the upgrade to be done on IVMS 4200"
Ok - my bad. I've not seen that before.

Either way the upgrade won't apply and I'am of the conclusion its due to the new firmware having an older build number, this is based on a google in that the Hikvision cameras can't be downgraded after 5.3.x or thereabouts.

I know in some cases you can TFTP the firmware and force a downgrade but this can also brick the device.

UPDATE: so I contacted support today via the phone, part of the issue was iVMS the firmware upgrade option within the iVMS software wasn't available, a work around was used. In saying that it still wasn't upgrading the firmware on the camera, I'm now presented with the following error when running the upgrade "The type of upgrade file mismatches.", support had provided the original link for the 5.5.131 firmware, My ticket is now back with the original support technician to help with this new issue. So no further on really at this stage, Hopefully this will be an easy fix.

For reference my current installed software is "V5.5.160 build 210416" and the firmware I would like to install is "IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.131_210609"

I will update further incase this should help anyone else going forward.

Hi @Paul2021

In regards to your initial reason for creating this thread, Hikvision has today officially released the RTMP firmware at the UK portal, see below:

Hi. I bought the international version ds-2cd2347g2-lu from aliexpress in china. 5.5.131_210609 Firmware upgrade is not available. "The type of upgrade file mismatches". A message appears. It's an international version ds-2cd2347g2-lu that can be upgraded with firmware, what's the problem?

Hi Dan. I bought the international version ds-2cd2347g2-lu from aliexpress in china. 5.5.131_210609 Firmware upgrade is not available. "The type of upgrade file mismatches". A message appears. It's an international version ds-2cd2347g2-lu that can be upgraded with firmware, what's the problem?

Hi @durizen

If you bought a Chinese model via Aliexpress then it won't use the v5.5.131 firmware we have linked to in this thread as that is the version for UK/EU models, you will need to contact Hikvision China to source the latest Chinese firmware.

Hi Dan.

I contacted Hikvision China, but no response.

on youtube [HIKVISIONRTMP YOUTUBE STREAMING] (
)

I want to watch and stream.

If I buy DS-2CD2347G2-LU from ebay_UK, is there any problem using UK/EU v5.5.131 build 210609 firmware?

Potentially it may work, but buying from eBay there is a chance that it is still a Chinese 'grey' import and even if it is a UK/EU model the issue appears to be that if the firmware is already beyond v5.5.131 you can't then downgrade to gain these features.

I will take this issue to Hik support and see what they say.

Potentially it may work, but buying from eBay there is a chance that it is still a Chinese 'grey' import and even if it is a UK/EU model the issue appears to be that if the firmware is already beyond v5.5.131 you can't then downgrade to gain these features.

I will take this issue to Hik support and see what they say.
Hik vision are in the process of percuring a new image for this camera that's beyond the 131 firmware, I have been told this directly from hikvision support

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I recently bought 10 of them from Ali and obviously didn't do enough research. Found myself in the same situation where it won't update to the lastest firmware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
No, they spent around 3 hours remoted in and didn't fix the issue, They claim that a request has been put forward to the dev team to create a firmware image that will add this feature but they state no time frame

Thanks for getting back to me Paul,

I did find 5.5.14 for the C version on the UK Portal, it's suppose to have the motion activated LED feature, but I can't get it to install on mine. Maybe you can give it a go as well. I plan to reach out to the global hikvision team to see if there's an alternative.

Back