01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Event markers on timeline when remote viewing.

Artman

Event markers on timeline. I know this has been mentioned on the Forum before but just wondered if anyone has any comments or advice on the following.

I spend a lot of time away from my homebase and reliable, remote viewing etc. is important to me. My very simple setup of just two Hikvision cameras is to keep an eye on my driveway and front yard a DS-7604NI-KI4P NVR and two 4mg cameras - DS-2CD22T46G2-ISU/SL and a DS-2CD2045WD-1.

I am disappointed to find that the new Hikvision K series NVR I have recently purchased does not show event markers on the timeline when remote viewing - and checking the Forum it seems Hikvision have no plans to re-introduce this fundamental requirement on future firmware updates. I just do not have the time or inclination to spend hours looking through remote recordings which do not show motion detection (the event playback list, notify surveillance centre, etc I do not need or like). These Hikvision systems seem more designed for monitoring prisons and warehouses. Why can't there be a simple plug and play NVR for homeowners - if I were younger I might well be tempted to put money into a Kickstarter project to bring this to market.

Anyway, ideally I would like to be able to retain my two Hikvision cameras and POE cabling. I would like to be able to acces Live View on a modern browser and most importantly remote viewing on my iPad and iPhone clearly showing event markers on the timeline. Does this I wonder mean giving up on Hikvision or possible changing the NVR with an interface that would work for me. I feel sure this worked on my previous HiLook setup and a friends house they have a DS-7604NI-KI NVR on which you can view event markers on the remote view timeline by flicking up from the bottom of the screen. Comments appreciated.

If the events are triggered eg line crossing then on the HikConnect app the snapshot does display, but as you mentioned on the timeline it isn't like the NVR where it shows up as a 'SMART' trigger. Also preferred the remove viewing you seek but ran into the same issue.

If you enable “notify surveillance centre” and are accessing remotely from iPhone/iPad via the HikConnect app and service you’re app will receive detection notifications which can then be chronologically reviewed from the app’s notification tab.

If you don’t want your phone actually notifying you can disable your phones notifications of the app (but the app still receives the notifications from Hik Connect so continues to provide a list of detections in the notifications tab of the app).

This isn’t what you’re asking for but could be an acceptable alternative?

One other idea is to use an IP based KVM connected to your NVRs HDMI output and USB port. That way, you’d remotely access the KVM and therefore the recorder’s local interface, which does show a flagged timeline, I’ve never actually tried this but have now intrigued myself…

Overall I do agree, the lack of a timeline with flagged detections seems a basic function which exists on some other competing products.

Thanks for the feedback. The thing is we probably don't want to see most of the 'events' and the quicker we can flick through them the better. On the DS-7604NI-KI/4P NVR for instance you can go into Hik Connect, hit the top left button, choose camera and playback time and the timeline appears - then flick up with your thumb from bottom of screen and all the 'events' are marked on the timeline - not perfect but it works. I thought the interfaces on the newer NVR's would retain this provision - why did Hikvision delete it I wonder. Anyway, I feel I am a bit of a voice in the wilderness on this matter and would be most interested to hear which competing products definitely have this facility - and live view on a modern browser.

Back