01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DVR no longer send emails for motion detection

fcis

Hi,

I've setup my dvr to send emails to my gmail email whenever any of my 16 cameras detect motion. It was working perfect for a couple of days then suddenly I stopped receiving any emails although I'm sure there is motion happening and also I stopped receiving any notifications on my app. I've sent a test email from the dvr and it arrived to my gmail with success, so I'm not sure what is causing this problem? I'm travelling soon and I need to fix this before I travel. Any advise please?

thanks

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 745
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 698
This problem tends to be a nightmare to diagnose, there are so many factors at play - including your router, ISP, email provider, GMail, etc.

Step 1 - check your DVR/camera Logs and make sure that you are getting detections/triggers.

This problem tends to be a nightmare to diagnose, there are so many factors at play - including your router, ISP, email provider, GMail, etc.

Step 1 - check your DVR/camera Logs and make sure that you are getting detections/triggers.

as per your advice, I've checked the log files and there are motions detected for all cameras, which means that the cameras detect motion, the problem is that I no longer get notified by emails or even app notifications when motion is detected. Any advice about step2?
motion detected.png

Since it was working and then stopped working, did you change anything?

Firmware updates?
Network changes?

Since it was working and then stopped working, did you change anything?

Firmware updates?
Network changes?

I didn't change anything. And when I send a test email it works and I receive it on my gmail account.

Which App are you using please?
Are you using the Hik-Connect portal for remote access to your system?

Back